In today’s Buzz: we pull out our sweaters and warm clothes in July.
We also keep it short and sweet. I share a lot of links – you read them all. It’s pretty fantastic.
What I’m Listening to – Still Processing
What I’m Reading – The Better Angels of Our Nature by Steven Pinker (still…)
What I’m Watching – Game of Thrones.
- We as a people made it clear that we want health care access for as wide a portion of the population as we can cover. Our political reps seem to be living in lala land and we are all awaiting something clueless to be a thing soon. Next week soon.
- Things not to do while working on your budget projections: Math mistakes.
- I Have to Ask You: We Want Our Own Facebook Page!
- Rock Your LinkedIn Profile!
- A City Clerk is NOT your secretary.
- Technology Efficiency Series: Rock Your LinkedIn Profile – July 18, 2017
- #ELGLPopUps – September 22, 2017
- The National Recreation and Park Association’s Annual Conference – September 26-28, 2017
- International City/County Management Association’s Annual Conference – October 22-25,2017 (!!!! <<< see you all there!)
- Auto Manufacturing’s slowdown could trouble some U.S. regions.
- State election officials fear feds are making security worse
- States’ growth and decline by generation: Baby boomers, while still a massive bloc of the population, are no longer the nation’s largest generation. Their numbers dipped by about 3.2 million over the six-year period ending last July. #theMsaretakingover
Local Government Confidential
- Baaad news bears.
- Seattle’s the new boom town. The Klondike gold rush, the postwar Boeing boom, the dot-com bubble … we’ve been here before. But while some prosper, others struggle to survive in Seattle. Can we learn from history and find a balance?
- Denver isn’t too far behind. Mayor Hancock notes the pace of development is shocking.
- More typos ruining things. This time: RTD, Denver Zoo, and more lose funding because of typo in Colorado law.
It’s the freakin’ weeken’, bb you should do have some fun.