Project Engineer, City of Beaverton, Oregon
- Salary – $5,999.53 – $8,040.79 Monthly
- Location – 12725 Millikan Way Beaverton, OR
- Closing – 8/21/2017 4:30 PM Pacific
- The Position
- The Project Engineer I will perform a variety of engineering project management duties requiring expertise in the area of professional civil engineering and capital improvement projects, with a primary emphasis on water capital improvement projects. NOTE: This position is Open Until Filled; First Review Date August 21, 2017.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Design and/or manage engineering consultants to successfully deliver water capital improvement projects (new, rehabilitation of existing waterlines, pump stations and reservoirs)
- May also design and manage street, storm, sanitary sewer, and other capital improvement projects administered by the Capital Projects Engineering group.
- Perform professional civil engineering calculations and design work for various project components.
- May perform primary review for city-permitted privately-funded public works projects prior to submittal for design reviews.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy prior to the bidding process and construction contract execution.
- Coordinate with other internal departments and exterior agencies during development review, permitting and with inspectors/field staff during construction
- Conduct or coordinate field investigations, land survey and prepare reports; perform engineering designs, calculations, analysis and cost estimates.
- Manage and supervise assigned engineering projects, which may consist of all types of infrastructure
- Review inspection reports and project progress, including conformance with specifications and engineering standards required by local, county state and federal rules and laws.
- Represent the city to the public, to other organizations or entities and in other situations as assigned.
- Support and respect diversity in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or a related field
- Five years of engineering experience with focus on capital improvement projects including two years of project management experience
- Other combinations of education and experience which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job may be considered
- Registration as a Professional Civil and/or Environmental Engineer in Oregon or the ability to attain the professional license within a year (for out of state applicants only)
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to meet the city’s driving standards
- Ability to pass reference and background check
- Experience with water capital improvement projects
- Salary Range: $5999.53 – $8040.79 per month
Starting salary will be determined depending on relevant work experience. The city pays the full retirement contribution to PERS; provides employees with an opportunity to participate in a deferred compensation retirement plan; tuition reimbursement program available; public service loan forgiveness program; and offers excellent health, dental, vision and life insurance coverage.