City of Iowa City, Iowa
- Wage: $11.00 per hour
- Variable daytime hours up to 25 hours per week
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM (schedule negotiable)
- Job Duration: Negotiable – 3-4 Month Commitment Preferred
Under direction, performs research and provides analysis of projects assigned by the City Manager, Assistant City Manager or Assistant to the City Manager. Performs routine clerical duties including answering the phone, assisting residents and data entry. Collaborates with various staff members and department directors on assignments.
The Management Intern will be expected to become familiar with the City Council’s Strategic Plan, the City’s budget document and American with Disabilities Act requirements. Operates standard office equipment including a computer, scanner, calculator, printer and copy machines.
Conducts self in a manner which promotes and supports diversity and inclusivity in the workplace and community. Performs all other related duties as
Minimum education, experience and certification
- Candidates considered will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program.
- General understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint and Word required.
- Interest in local government management and practices preferred.
- Requires the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Students interested in pursuing a degree in public administration, public policy or urban planning are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline is Tuesday, September 5, 2017. To apply, please visit the City’s Self Services website at www.icgov.org/jobs to complete the City of Iowa City online employment application.
To comply with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all persons hired will be required to provide verification of identity and employment eligibility per provisions of the Act.
The City of Iowa City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City of Iowa City is a supporter of the National Career Readiness Certificate.