Fairfax, Virginia County Government
Employment Division Chief
- Opening Date/Time: Fri. 08/25/17 12:00 AM Eastern Time
- Closing Date/Time: Fri. 09/08/17 5:00 PM Eastern Time
- $37.19 – $61.99 Hourly
- $2,975.48 – $4,959.12 Biweekly
- $77,362.48 – $128,937.12 Annually
- Department: Human Resources
The Employment Division Chief functions as a lead strategic member of the Human Resources Department in developing and implementing programs and policies that will attract, develop and retain high performing staff necessary in achieving Fairfax County Government’s mission, vision, and values.
The selected candidate will combine expertise and thought-leadership with a pragmatic, hands-on approach to deliver best-in-class talent solutions. This position will work within a team environment and directs the planning, implementation and administration of County employee talent acquisition, promotion, retention, and succession planning functions.
Partners with County business partners and key Executives to solve talent needs and strategies for the related functional areas. In this responsibility, the Division Chief needs to understand the business and be proactive to ensure solutions or recommendations are relevant, and have a business impact.
- Drives the creation and alignment of an integrated talent acquisition strategy by defining outcomes, developing and facilitating solutions.
- Spearhead recruitment searches for executive level positions.
- Serves as a bridge between the Organizational Development and Training to successfully address learning needs.
- Provides direct support to managers and employees on inquiries related to talent acquisition processes and systems.
- Manage the background and credit clearance program.
- Provides support and advice to business partners and leadership.
- Oversees the planning and execution of other talent acquisition processes as needed.
- Responsible for conducting job analysis for public safety promotional positions, and test examination administration and assessment centers.
- Interprets and explains Regulations, Procedures, state and local laws to employees, employee groups and general public.
- Responds to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Provides excellent leadership and development of highly effective teams.
- Ensures the hiring of diverse talent needed to achieve County goals, creating goal alignment, integrating project and change management, giving and seeking feedback, providing coaching, measuring progress and holding staff accountable, supporting employee development, and recognizing achievement and lessons learned.
- Collaborate with search firms and outside research and sourcing partners, to augment the team.
- Communicate complex issues with clarity and articulate a compelling view of the future state while forging relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Responsible for the leadership, design, development and execution of effective, talent acquisition strategies and programs for all full-time, temporary staffing and intern roles.
- Develop strategies for obtaining a diverse pool of talent.
- Partner with senior executives and leaders, the HR Leadership Team, and other stakeholders to design successful world-class recruiting solutions.
- Oversee the development and implementation of recruiting strategies and programs.
- Manage senior-level executive searches.
- Manage a team of Human Resources Analysts to support talent acquisition, and programs to support and achieve County initiatives and programs.
Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university and five years of HR experience including experience as a senior consultant, program/project manager, or operations supervisor. A master’s degree may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Master’s degree;
- Seven years of progressive experience in talent management or human resources with at least five years focused on talent management process, preferably in a large local, state, federal or private sector organization.
- Knowledge of organizational behavior, talent development, learning and change management disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to lead group process facilitation and learning sessions with various levels of management.
- Ability to influence partners and senior level leaders by establishing healthy consulting relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives through others using communication, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Strong analytic skills in compiling performance and talent data for planning and decision-making.
- Ability to transfer concepts, strategies and plans into communication plans.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background and credit check to the satisfaction of the employer.
- This position is primary sedentary in nature, but it requires one to be able to walk, climb stairs, stoop, bend, lift up to 15 pounds, have visual acuity to read data on a computer monitor, operate keyboard driven equipment and computers with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Panel interview
It is the policy of Fairfax County Government to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
- Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 711. EEO/AA/TTY