Strategies for Having Difficult Conservations
ICMA Coaching Program Webinar
10:00 – 11:30 AM PT, Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Advance registration required for this no-charge webinar
- What are the major types of conversations that trouble local government professionals?
- What are effective techniques to have needed conversations constructively?
- How can people tap resources and practice their skills to boost results?
- Robert Beezat, former city manager in MN, WI, and IL, author, Character-Based Management: a Key to More Productive and Effective Organizations, consultant with GovHR USA
- LaSheila Yates, Executive Director and Chief Diversity Officer, Cedar Rapids, IA
- David Ellis, Deputy County Manager, Wake, NC
Audience: all employees
Meets Practice 1 (Staff Effectiveness) and 12 (Human Resources Management) of ICMA’s Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership.
- Register in advance for the webinar:
- Connect with the webinar and audio:
Use your logon information from the email confirmation you receive via email from GoToWebinar. We recommend the telephone option dial-in number provided by GoToWebinar for sound quality.
- Ask questions:
You may submit questions anonymously via email to ICMACoaching@DonMaruska.com in advance or via the webinar during the panel discussion.
- Presenters’ presentation materials: We post these with the agenda at “Agendas & Archives” tab of icma.org/coachingwebinars. The PPT will be available at least 24 hours before the webinar.