#ELGLPopUps land in Charlotte, Dallas, Portland, and Kansas City on September 22. Each event has a school theme which you’ll notice in the agendas. Staying with that theme, we introduce you to those who will be attending a Pop Up event.
You can register for one of the events here.
Name: Kylie Bayer-Fertterer
Job Title: Local Government HR & Equity Specialist
Organization: Tualatin Hills Park and Recreation District
Rank the Pop Up cities:
- Kansas City (two name cities aren’t my bag)
Number 1 goes to my elementary school, Chehalem Elementary School.
#FunFact I still get together every few years with my 5th grade class.
2. Western Oregon University
3. Aloha High School, and
4. Portland Community College
(True or False) I received a perfect attendance award.
In high school, what did you think you would do for a living?
I thought I would be an elementary school teacher.
What was your favorite childhood toy?
My American Girl Doll. I was Felicity, though I could totally get behind Molly. NEVER a Samantha.
(True or False) I attended a school where the mascot was a bulldog or wildcat.
False (Mustang, Raider, Warrior, Panther, Wolf, Viking)
What songs would be on your high school mix tape?
- Rage Against The Machine
- Led Zeppelin
- Slightly Stoopid
(Complete the sentence) My favorite lunch box was….
I had a bright blue Roxy lunchbox with flowers.
Who was your favorite teacher?
One of my many favorites was Mr. James Barlow, who passed away last October at age 86. He taught philosophy and psychology at Aloha High School and kept me engaged my last two years there. Typically, Barlow began class by saying “Let the indoctrination begin!” and to those who arrived late “If you can’t come early, come late!” If you ever participated in mock government or the Model United Nations in Oregon, Barlow likely played a part in your experience. He was often critical of standard methods of teaching. In fact, he and a former student co-wrote a book, Unfettered: A Philosophy of Education. It’s up next on my reading list.
- Alice McMillan
- Erin Schwie Langston
- Madison Thesing, City of Hillsboro, OR
- Patrice Toney, City of Winston-Salem, NC
- Erica Page, City of Grand Prairie, TX
- Scott Lazenby, City of Lake Oswego, OR
- Justyn Miller, City of Warrenville, IL
- Phil Smith-Hanes, Ellis County, KS
- Sam Anselm, City of Joplin, Missouri
- Leana Johnson, City of White Salmon, WA
- Michelle Wood, City of Belmont, NC
- Abby Owens, City of Plano, Texas
- Alicia Dorsey, City of University Park, Texas
- Leslie Herring, City of Eudora, Kansas
- Jaimie Lorenzini, City of Happy Valley, OR
- Justin Amos, City of Charlotte, NC
- Sherilyn Lombos, City of Tualatin, OR
- Brianna Lennon
- Chief Rob Severance, City of Cleburne, TX
- Travis Newberry, City of Wildwood, Missouri
- Ted Chinn, City of Mesquite, Texas
- Brandi Leos, City of Tigard, Oregon
- Christina Fadenrecht, City of Milwaukie, Oregon
- Mark Van Baale, City of Kansas City, Missouri
- Gina Shell, City of Charlotte, NC