Village of Schaumburg, IL
The Village of Schaumburg is actively seeking:
- An innovator who is current on technology, emerging Transportation trends and committed to maintaining the Village’s progressive approach to a multi-modal transportation network.
- A professional who demands excellence and who will be a positive public face of the Department, is well-respected by fellow co-workers and customers.
- A collaborator with other Village staff members, a person with a progressive view of transportation, and an effective problem-solver.
- A motivator who maintains a high-energy atmosphere of teamwork where work is productive and enjoyable, and supports fellow employees with information, resources, and encouragement, as well as a respectful and fair work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field.
- A minimum of one year of experience in transportation engineering with a municipal government, state or federal agency or with engineering consulting firm.
- Experience with preliminary design (Phase I) engineering studies and traffic signal operations a plus.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) with the State of Illinois preferred.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Salary Range: $72,471 – $105,090 with excellent benefits and a performance-based merit increase program.
Accepting applications through 10/30/2017
For complete job details and to submit an application via our on-line career portal, please click on the below link.
The Village of Schaumburg
The Village of Schaumburg is located just 30 miles outside Chicago and about 11 miles west of O’Hare International Airport, Schaumburg is the premier suburban business destination in Illinois. In the past 60 years with vision and thoughtful planning, Schaumburg has transformed from a small farming community into a thriving economic center that is home to more businesses in Illinois than any other community outside of Chicago. The Village’s businesses provide opportunities for the community’s 75,000 residents, 80,000 employees and the northwest suburbs by offering professional and high-quality services and goods.
In partnership with the community, the mission of the Village of Schaumburg is to provide the highest quality municipal service to our customers through thoughtful planning, fiscal responsibility, and accessible responsive and proactive leadership resulting in a continuously improving quality of life. Visit our website www:schaumburg.com
Come work for the community that Money magazine recently named one of the top 10 Best Places to live! http://time.com/money/collection/best-places-to-live-2017/4924117/schaumburg-illinois/