City of Gahanna, Ohio
- Salary – $60,864.91 – $85,210.87 Annually
- Closing – 11/2/2017 11:59 PM Eastern
- Manages special and high profile capital improvement projects, public relations, contract management, and provides project management support to the service department.
- Starting Salary Range: The starting salary is between the minimum and midpoint of the range ($60,864.91 – $73,037.89). Candidates will start at the minimum of the range unless their skills, experience, education or other factors exceed the qualifications for the position.
- This vacancy was previously posted in 8/2017. If you applied under that posting, your application is still on file and you do not need to apply again.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists residents in providing information related to their questions or concerns regarding capital improvement projects, City infrastructure, private development, right-of-way work, traffic signal operation, and taking corrective action when warranted
- Manages and oversees bidding, construction, inspection, problem resolution with contractors, project close out, and the completion/execution of infrastructure records and inventory including maintaining as-built drawings and various records of infrastructure improvements (ie, EPA Mandates, FHWA Sign Retro-reflectivity Assessments, the ADA Curb Ramp Replacement Program, and yearly traffic count generations)
- As a team member, assists with the plan review and approval processes of capital improvement, and private development projects
- Assists with the Asset Management Program as directed by the City Engineer
- Manages inspection of private development improvements; assesses fees for inspection services including collection, account management and disbursement of payments
- Prepares and manages the design, quantity take-offs, bidding, construction, inspection, budgeting, and quality control measures for the City’s annual street maintenance program. Updates and the City’s ADA transition plan and pavement condition rating of City streets as directed by the City Engineer
- Processes and reviews right-of-way permits for private construction projects, including spot inspection
- Prepares complex, routine, and non-routine reports; receives, sorts, and summarizes material for the preparation of reports; prepares work reports
- Manages the work of field staff, and contractors, for the operation and maintenance of the City’s traffic signal system
- Regular, predictable, and punctual attendance is required.
Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- a. Education
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited four-year college or university in a related field
- Two to three years of related experience
- Two to three years of experience specifically pertaining to construction inspection and contract administration, preferred
c. Licensure or Certification Requirements
- Current and valid Ohio driver’s license with an acceptable driver’s abstract in order to meet criteria for insurability established by the City of Gahanna
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge Of:
- Engineering principles, practices, concepts, procedures, and methods
- Public works construction practices, methods and procedures
- City property surveys, plats, acquisitions and disposal of properties and vacation of easements as required
- Municipal government structure and processes
- Administrative principles, concepts, practices, and procedures
- All applicable state, federal and local ordinances, laws, rules and regulations
- All computer applications and hardware related to performance of the essential functions of the job
- Department organization, standard operating guidelines and policies, rules, and regulations
- Planning, organizing, assigning, directing, reviewing and evaluating the work of fellow staff members
- Communicating orally and in writing with internal staff, citizens, and other departmental staff in order to give and receive information in a courteous manner
- Operating and maintaining all assigned equipment required to perform the essential functions of the job
Ability to: (Mental and Physical Abilities)
- Apply an extensive variety of complex technical engineering principles to field conditions
- Review and analyze construction plans to determine compliance with applicable specifications, regulations, codes and ordinances
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees, City officials, other government agencies, and the general public
- Stand; sit; speak and hear; use color, texture, sound, shape and odor perception; push, pull and/or lift up to 50 pounds
Work is performed in a normal office environment and in the field exposing the employee to various outside atmospheric conditions and occasionally to conditions such as fumes, dusts, and poor ventilation that affect the respiratory system, eyes or the skin; possible bodily injury from moving mechanical parts of equipment, tools or machinery, or electrical shock. The incumbent’s working conditions are typically moderately quiet to very loud.
Important Job Functions
- Responsible for managing all Service Department related GIS updates
- May serve as backup for other positions within the department
- Performs other related duties as assigned