It’s Mount Rushmore season for ELGL members. We’re asking for your top four list on a variety of topics.
AmeriCorps VISTA working in Albion, Michigan
- Albion’s Historic Bohm Theatre – An amazing example of community collaboration and resilience, received prestigious Governor’s Award for Historic Preservation, and has quite the interesting history.
- Festival of the Forks – An annual festival to celebrate Albion’s prime location at the fork of the Kalamazoo River and includes lots of great food, music, a car show, parade and much more.
- Albion’s Downtown – Our main street will finish up a huge rebricking project here shortly, which is a big step in our efforts to revitalize the downtown area. It’s an exciting time to be in Albion!
- The people – Albion is a diverse, small town community in Michigan with a lot of heart. Getting to know Albion residents has been on the greatest gifts of my year of service as an AmeriCorps VISTA.
Honestly anything chocolate, but here are some of my favorites.
- Almond Joy
- Kit Kat
- 100 Grand
- Jane Jacobs
- Matthew Desmond
- Barack Obama
- Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Good Will Hunting
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Live in a big city.
- Earn a graduate degree.
- Own a dog.
- Make a positive impact in Albion and other communities I work in throughout my life.