Temple City, California
- $13.30-$16.83 per hour
- 24-29 hours per week
The City of Temple City is seeking a communications intern interested in learning more about city government and public affairs.
Directly assisting the City Manager and Assistant to the City Manager, the intern will gain valuable work experience with:
- Print media development
- Social media campaigns
- Website copywriting
- Speech writing
- Civic engagement programs
- Legislative affairs
- Constituent relations
- Project management
The intern can expect to work in a hands-on, fast-paced and creative environment. They will have direct access to the City’s top leadership team, and receive opportunities for mentorships and professional networking.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- An understanding of, and interest in graphic design.
- Familiarity with the Associated Press writing style.
- Chinese or Spanish language proficiency (not required, but preferred).
- Possession of a valid State of California Class C driver’s license.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends (when necessary).
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
No prior local government experience needed.
Junior, senior or a graduate college student; OR a bachelor’s or master’s degree in communications, public administration or related field.