Sr. Budget Analyst or Budget Analyst
Provide an overall review of operational issues, administer and prepare City budgets, and manage analysis of City programs. This is accomplished by evaluating budgets, conducting cost-benefit, productivity, and management analyses, conducting research, evaluation, and assessment of City programs, and assessing community needs. Other duties include performing special projects as assigned.
Coordinate preparation of the annual capital improvement program, the impact fee program and / or to review upon adoption annual operating budgets. This is accomplished by serving as a team leader and trainer for budget analysts, preparing public presentations, forecasting and monitoring revenues and expenditures, and managing various studies and projects.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops annual operating budget systems by gathering and analyzing data; demonstrating financial understanding; monitoring financial budgets; analyzing cost-benefit productivity and funding appropriation; and providing reports and documentation of annual budget.
- Performs special projects by planning and performing management analysis; providing budget analysis; communicating with other City employees and the general public; evaluating alternative solutions; and recommending actions and follow up tasks to a resolution.
- Provides staff support by solving analytical problems; analyzing information; developing conclusions and recommendations; improving departments’ financial understanding; and preparing financial reports.
- Maintains annual operating budget development and production by creating, preparing, and reviewing all supporting budget documents; analyzing critical department budget issues; clarifying all department complex budget questions; preparing “white papers” for distribution to the general public concerning bond money; tracking department performance measurements; and proofing all publications for the annual budget book.
- Maintains responsibility for long term assignments by scheduling meetings; drafting agendas; documenting progress; assigning and tracking tasks; developing supporting analyses; preparing presentations; engaging in public speaking and facilitation; resolving disputes; and developing alternative solutions.
- Provides department assistance and manages special studies and projects by preparing capital and grant project ordinances and assisting departments with yearend expenses and revenue projections.
- Provides team leadership and management support by serving on lead projects; supporting and leading internal and external teams; and being available to staff for assistance with technical matters and assignment completion.
Education, Experience, and Licenses
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two or more years of related experience
- Master’s Degree (MPA, MBA) preferred
- Local government and enterprise system experience
- Knowledge of performance measurement / management, priority based budgeting, and using data to make budget decisions
Sr. Budget Analyst:
- $54,417 – $65,300
- $50,386 – $60,463
Submit an online application by Wednesday, January 17, 2018.
Link: Durham NeoGov