Complying with FOIA and state public record laws is becoming increasingly time-consuming and litigious. Join Eugene Park, Deputy Port Attorney for the Port of Oakland, and Tamara Manik-Perlman, founder and CEO of NextRequest, in a lively discussion on how recent trends in FOIA and other public record laws are affecting how agencies manage and deliver information.
- Best practices on how to simplify your business processes to structure, retrieve, and review records.
- How to tackle the following (to name a few):
- Emails and electronic records
- Records on personal devices or accounts
- How much non-compliance can cost you with ongoing public records laws