Management Analyst – City of Lone Tree, Colorado
My favorite adventure in life was…. In Fall of 2016 I took a week long road trip by myself to follow The 1975 around the western states. I saw a lot of the country I had never seen before. On the last day of the trip, my Airbnb host in Santa Fe emphatically recommend Meow Wolf as a sort of interactive museum. I was blown away by the experience, it was a perfect ending to the trip!
What is the most local government thing you have done on vacation? On my stop in Phoenix, I visited city hall before the show!
The most important decision that I’ve made in life was… Between the ages of 11-14 I was sent against my will to a youth residential treatment center for conversion therapy. As part of my requirement for graduation, we had to spend a week hiking King’s Peak in Utah – ending in a solo camp where we were expected to write a letter reflecting positively on our time on campus. Instead, I wrote a long letter to my parents detailing the abuses I’d suffered and my rejection of the program entirely. I was given a very clear idea of who I was in that moment.
If I was booking the guests for the GovLove podcast, I would book… Slavoj Žižek, Noam Chomsky and Max Weber (back from the dead) and prompt them to debate local government as the most reflexive democratic institution.
If I couldn’t work in my current position, I would… be studying German Idealism in preparation for my doctorate (ahead of schedule).
The book on your bookshelf that you intend to read but haven’t is… Hegel’s Phenomenology of Spirit
Blue or black ink? Blue
If you could only have bread OR cheese for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Cheese
What is your recent personal and professional accomplishment?
Personal: It’s a tie! I recently joined a band as their front man – we wrote 10 songs in under a month! I’m adopted and recently found my biological family after taking a DNA test after searching for years. They’re excited to meet me!
Professional: The City of Lone Tree was recognized by DRCOG for our On Demand Pilot Program with Uber!
What’s one thing you want to be sure to do/see while you’re in the Golden area?
I hope to see a great sunset!
If I was writing the questions for the feature, I would have asked… What drew you to a career in local government?
- Erik Fabian, Resource X
- Susan Barkman, City of Aurora, CO
- Lukas Heaton, City of Hillsboro, OR
- Kayla Barber-Perrotta, City of Thornton, CO
- Christian Williams, City of Goodyear, AZ
- Emily Edmonds
- Enessa Janes, City of Arvada, Colorado
- Justin Cutler, City of Westminister, CO
- Jessica Prosser, City of Arvada, Colorado
- Jenna Harte-Wisniewski, Sterling Municipal Library
- Abby Fitch, City of Aurora, Colorado
- Jordan Rae Hillman, City of Jackson, Mississippi
- Joey Garcia, City of Torrance, CA
- Heather Geyer, City of Wheat Ridge, Co
- Bridget Kozlowski, City of Sterling Heights, MI
- Kristin Zagurski, Town of Castle Rock, CO
- Steven Fritz, Village of Buffalo Grove, IL
- Javon Davis, City of Kansas City, MO
- Ali Pougiales, University of Oregon
- Ben Kittelson, City of Durham, NC
- Kevin Teater, Asheville Design Center
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Jennifer Teal, J Teal Consulting
- Amber Snowden, ICMA
- Honore Depew, City of Fort Collins, CO
- Michelle Holder, City of Aspen, CO
- Robb Kolstad, City of Thornton, CO