- This event has passed.
ICMA Webinar: Being a Great Coach and a Winning Player in Your Organization
April 19 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pmFree
Being a Great Coach and a Winning Player in Your Organization
ICMA Coaching Program Webinar
11:00 – 12:30 PT, Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Advance registration required for this no-charge webinar
- What are players looking for from coaches and what are coaches looking for from the players they help?
- What are effective tools for local government agencies to use to boost a culture of talent development?
- How can you use the ICMA Coaching Program and other resources to support personal and organizational success?
- Bob Hart, City Manager, Corinth, TX, and recipient of TCMA Mentoring Award
- Jamie Shockley, Assistant City Manager, Tonganoxie, KS
- Don Maruska, Director, ICMA Coaching Program, and author “Take Charge of Your Talent”
Audience: all employees who want to make the most of their talent and have fun doing it
Meets Practice 1 (Staff Effectiveness) and 18 (Personal Development) of ICMA’s Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership.
- Register in advance for the webinar:
- Connect with the webinar and audio:
We recommend the telephone option dial-in number provided by GoToWebinar for sound quality.
- Ask questions:
You may submit questions anonymously via email to ICMACoaching@DonMaruska.com in advance or via the webinar during the panel discussion.
- Presenters’ presentation materials:
We post these with the agenda at “Agendas & Archives” tab of icma.org/coachingwebinars. The PPT will be available at least 24 hours before the webinar.
Post-Webinar Group Discussions
Many agencies are organizing groups to participate in the webinars (live or recorded) and discuss the topics among themselves after the webinars. Some are summarizing their discussions and distributing them to managers throughout their organizations. Use the Coaching Program as an effective way to enhance professional development in your agency. Here are some discussion starters for this session.
- Who in our organization is interested in using more of their talent or helping others use their talent more effectively in our organization?
- How can we be catalysts to support one another and thrive in enlivening our careers and serving our communities?
- What resources from the ICMA Coaching Program online and other sources would we like to tap?
MORE RESOURCES–See icma.org/coaching for valuable resources to boost your career. Sign up for the complimentary email list at icma.org/coachinglist to keep informed of the details for future ICMA Coaching Program sessions and other resources.