Stay connected by following these Twitter feeds and Facebook pages.
Deschutes County Health Services invites residents and visitors to complete a brief survey about secondhand smoke exposure and tobacco use in relation to County buildings and properties. The County’s goal is to better understand resident and visitor tobacco and smoke-free preferences for future policy making consideration. Take the survey now through JAN 31 at http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/764016/Deschutes-County-Public-Health-survey .
In Missouri, where the Army Corps of Engineers blasted a levee last spring to help with flooding, signs of recovery are mounting, but controversy continues.
Gregoire delivers State of the State Gregoire called on the Legislature to ask voters to approve a temporary, half-cent sales tax increase, enact a series of reforms to improve Washington’s education system, move forward with a major jobs and transportation package.
With recent advances in technology and design, treating municipal wastewater and reusing it for drinking water, irrigation, industry, and other applications could significantly increase the nation’s total available water resources, particularly in coastal areas facing water shortages, says a new report from the National Research Council.
The attached report contains the results of our audit of turnaround time for DNA samples submitted by the Portland Police Bureau to the Oregon State Police Forensic Services Division (State crime lab).
Life in West Linn and Lake Oswego
- 1/3/12 1:28 p.m. A man is wary of his roommate filing a false police report against him.
- 1/3/12 1:36 p.m. A man in a dark cloak and carrying a cup of coffee and a set of keys is trying to get into various vehicles on B Avenue.
- 1/5/12 9:10 p.m. A suspect is denying having an iPhone worth $242, even though a GPS tracked the phone to her residence.
- 1/5/12 2:48 p.m. Shaking sounds could be overheard in the background during a phone call when an overwrought male was heard yelling, swearing and threatening, “I’m going to kill you.” However, a police check found only one person at the residence on Kerr Parkway.
- 1/5/12 6:39 p.m. An ex-husband entered his ex-wife’s home on Seventh Street and moved all of her furniture around.
- 1/8/12 10:56 p.m. A man is so upset about his ex-girlfriend bad-mouthing him to his family and roommate that he is seeking police help.
- 12/30, 6:40 a.m.; A man was slumped over the steering wheel of a van at Ostman Road and Willamette Falls Drive and the horn was sounding. It turns out he is a night watchman and had fallen asleep.
- 1/5, 8:56 a.m.; A playful dog in the 19300 block of View Drive was having too much noisy fun.