Happy Pi Day from Oregon ELGL!
News & Information
- West Linn Emergency Preparedness Fair is Tonight
- Columbia Sportswear lays off 80 amid low sales
- How are newspapers (and what can local governments learn from them) using Facebook pictures?
- A man, a plan, a canal – Panama
- Federal jury rules against Portland police in Tasing of man suspected of graffiti tagging
- Five companies get big share of loans from Portland Development Commission
- TriMet reduces service cuts, spares ‘short hopper’ transfers in revised budget-balancing plan
- Lake Oswego receives distinguished budget award
- Mayoral Madness – Let’s pick the next mayor the only sane way: with a bracket
- Oak Grove residents oppose Wal-Mart grocery store planned for vacant G.I. Joe’s building
- Clackamas County wants to hear from you
- Damascus residents approve controversial voter-approval measure
- Another look at property taxes?
- 03.14.12 Morning Buzz
- ELGL’s Call for Resumes
- ELGL Featured in The Times
- 03.09.12 Knope of the Week
- REMINDER: March 14 ELGL Event in Bend
- It’s Madness – ELGL Bracket Challenge
- Portland Timbers Match with ELGL on April 11
- Sen. Wyden’s Annual Washington County Town Hall
- 03.13.12 The Morning Buzz
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Facebook: Oregon Historical Society
Senator Ron Wyden has scheduled his annual Washington County Town Hall on Saturday, March 17, 2012 at 10 a.m. at the Forest Grove Senior Center (2037 Douglas St., Forest Grove).
City of Tigard, Oregon – Representative Margaret Doherty and Senator Ginny Burdick would like to invite you to a Legislative Town Hall on Thursday, March 15, 2012 from 7–8 p.m. at Tigard City Hall located at 13125 SW Hall Boulevard. They will be discussing the upcoming 2012 Legislative Session and issues that the Legislature will address.
Multnomah County to host community forum on health care transformation – On Thursday, March 15, the Multnomah County Citizen Involvement Committee (CIC) and County Chair Jeff Cogen will co-sponsor an educational forum about changes in the health care system due to new state and federal laws.
Resource Assistance for Rural Environments – University of Oregon – The University of Oregon’s Resource Assistance for Rural Environments (RARE Program) is now accepting applications for members for next year. An AmeriCorps program focusing on public service.
Mentor Like You Mean It – Being a great mentor requires more than experience and time. Learn to weave the right web. Five steps.
Property Tax Collections Fall Below Inflation Rate – More than five years after real estate prices began to tumble, Americans are finally starting to get property tax breaks on their devalued homes, a USA TODAY analysis finds.” Property tax collections increased 1.2% last year, “and actually declined 0.9% when adjusted for inflation, according to data from the federal Bureau of Economic Analysis.
Homeless as Wi-Fi Transmitters Creates a Stir in Austin – A marketing agency caused a stir when it hired homeless people to walk around carrying Wi-Fi devices, offering Internet access in exchange for donations.