- RSVP: The First 90 Days Discussion Forum
- Inaugural Meeting of ELGL-Eugene
- Save the Date: Happy New (Fiscal) Year Party is July 19
- 04.20.12 Knope of the Week
- 04.23.12 The Afternoon Delight
- RSVP for ELGL Forum with Patrick Quinton, PDC Executive Director
The Social Network
Stay connected by following these feeds.
Pinterest: WordWrite PR
RSVP for ELGL Forum with Patrick Quinton, PDC Executive Director – The rescheduled ELGL forum featuring Patrick Quinton, the Executive Director for the Portland Development Commission, is fast approaching. Mr. Quinton will be speaking on economic development issues in the Portland area. The luncheon will be May 2, 2012 from 11:45 AM-1:15 PM at 1900 SW 4th Ave., Room 2500 A.
Vancouver asks public’s opinions in survey – Got an opinion and an Internet connection?
HBR.org: Even High Performers Need Feedback.
What Cocktail Parties Teach Us – The Brain Is Wired to Focus on Just One Thing; Which Tasks Are Easier to Combine
Developing better change leaders – Putting leadership development at the heart of a major operations-improvement effort paid big dividends for a global industrial company.
The 8 Signs That You Have an Extraordinary Boss – The best managers have a fundamentally different understanding of workplace, company, and team dynamics. See what they get right.
City of Lake Oswego: Finance: Forms & Documents: Budgets – Its Budget Time – Here proposed budget which maintains services for our residents. For a quick summary read the Budget Message.
Fees and Anger Rise in California Water War – San Diego’s water agency has taken a fight over rates to the public, using the Internet to raise accusations against a consortium that provides water to 19 million people.
Hiring Outsiders Has Pros and Cons for Employers – A new study finds that people hired from outside a company tend to make more money than internal employees in similar jobs. But outsiders also tend to perform less well in their first two years.
Inside the UGB
- Portland police want to add surveillance cameras in Old Town but ACLU questions the plan
- Amanda Fritz and Mary Nolan display sharp differences on the Portland campaign trail
- Medical marijuana, Measure 11 emerge as big issues in Oregon race for Attorney General candidates Dwight Holton and Ellen Rosenblum
Outside the UGB
- Eatonville council votes to keep police force
- “Public officials for auction” by All politics is local | The Columbian
- Gregoire takes shot at California ‘jug wine’
- Timber Payments Closer To Returning | KDRV
- Candidate for state auditor says transparency vital
- Olympia Council may OK plans for ambassadors
- Top pen launches $1 billion in work
- Eugene citizens sound off on Capstone housing plan
- Economy tops lists of Springfield contenders
- Vancouver considers repealing traffic fee