- 04.27.12 Knope(s) of the Week
- Barbara Baker RSVP Request
- RSVP for ELGL Conversation with Gov. Gregoire
- 05.10.12 The Morning Buzz
- RSVP: ELGL Meets Fortune 100 Company
- 05.10.12 The Afternoon Delight
- City of Medford Finalist Announced
City Hosts “Easy Digital Tools Workshop” – Are you looking for simple and effective tools to engage and communicate with your members and promote the good things you do?
RSVP: ELGL Meets Fortune 100 Company – Did you know Umpqua Bank was named to FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for the 6th year in a row? Learn more about this success from Barbara Baker, VP for Cultural Enhancement at an ELGL forum on Thursday, May 17. ELGL members and other interested professionals can reserve a spot by contacting [email protected] with your name, company, and position. The meeting will be held at 20085 NW Tanasbourne Drive, Hillsboro OR 97124.
Lean practices paying off at Legacy Salmon Creek – You’ve had those days at work: Your boss doesn’t listen to your suggestions about how to do things better. The same problems keep cropping up. Nobody does anything about them.
As hearing opens, LCDC weighs regulation versus precedent – Members of Oregon’s Land Conservation and Development Commission were faced with a fundamental choice on Thursday – are they policymakers or regulators?
When Someone Asks You for a Favor – The professional world is powered by favors — busy individuals helping those in their extended networks land highly contested roles, get feedback on ideas, or connect with influencers, typically without the expectation of either compensation or reciprocation.
Recruiter Q&A: IBM’s Deanna Laird – This is part of an ongoing series of Q&As with recruiters from top MBA employers. This week we bring you edited responses sent to Bloomberg Businessweek’s Erin Zlomek from Deanna Laird, university recruiting leader for IBM (IBM) North America.
Inside the UGB
- Southeast Portland’s Mt. Scott-Arleta neighborhood is planning to take a cell tower fight to the state
- Mayor Sam Adams tells Multnomah County sheriff that Portland will no longer pay the bulk of the cost of jail fingerprinting
- Cleaning House: Evicting criminals to clean up neighborhoods
- Lake Oswego to keep worker’s cottage
Outside the UGB
- Columbian.com – Business license flap dogs Battle Ground councilman
- Bend Water Voted ‘Best-Tasting in Northwest’ – Community News Story – KTVZ Bend
- County contests see surge in giving
- BOUNCING BACK: Douglas County’s Road to Recovery
The 8 Things You Do Wrong On LinkedIn – What are they looking for? Not your Facebook page (although if you don’t have that blocked, they will definitely enjoy the read). Not your dating profile (if they did, that‘s actually über creepy). Instead, what they’re looking for is your online professional presence. And in today’s world, you need to have one out there for them to find.
Stay connected by following these feeds.