- Who’s Next in the 2012 Issue and Speaker Series?
- Call for RSVPs: Economist Dr. Thomas Potiowsky, June 13
- 05.18.12 Knope of the Week
- The Bible of Performance Measurement
- Coquille Appoints New City Manager
- 15 TIPS TO REFINE YOUR EMAIL ETIQUETTE!!!#!#@
- 05.19.12 Saturday Post
Call for RSVPs: Economist Dr. Thomas Potiowsky, June 13 – ELGL is hosting a luncheon with former State Economist and current Chair of the Portland State Economics Department, Dr. Thomas Potiowsky. The discussion will be on the US recovery and the new economic environment. This information will be relevant to long-term local government revenues and anyone interested in budgeting.
Press Talk: How’s that user-fee concept working for ya? – Most of us believe in the user-fee concept where, rather than taxing everyone, someone who uses a service pays for it.
Facebook Wins Oregon Tax Break – A few hours after the I.P.O. Friday, Oregon Governor John Kitzhaber was scheduled to sign into law a so-called “Facebook bill” that assesses big data centers in Oregon for taxes on their local value, not on intangible assets like their national brand. The signing will take place at Facebook’s 333,400 square foot data center, located in Prineville, Ore.
The Undoing of a C.E.O. – A faked résumé led to an enduring mystery about Scott Thompson’s departure from Yahoo.
Oregon’s US Attorney: Traffickers infiltrate medical pot – The proliferation of dispensary-style medical marijuana operations in Oregon concerns the state’s new U.S. Attorney, and she said drug trafficking organizations have made headway into the state’s medicinal marijuana system.
Personal Branding: It All Began With A Picture – There are no shortcuts to building a credible, durable and goal-oriented personal brand that delivers tangible results for your career and your life. As experts and those who have achieved remarkable professional and personal benefits remind us with the full authority of experience, before embarking onto any practical steps to develop our brands we must do our homework and put our house in order.
Inside the UGB
- Metro to consider rapid bus lines to Gresham
- Portland police need performance evaulations as part of the job
- Will Lawsuit Stem Suds Sales? — BAR PILOT
- Is it now Lloyd District’s turn?
- Mayor Doyle takes second-term primary victory
Outside the UGB
- Oregon PERS: Private equity investments cast unclear future for public pensions
- A downtown diversification of art
- City renovating scarred park
- Skate park backers eye bond funds
- Bellingham council to discuss property tax levy for low-income housing
Stay connected by following these feeds.
- Facebook: KeizerTV.com, Cherriots – Salem Keizer Transit, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Twitter: Dan Schawbel, NeighborWorksAmerica, ConnectCascadeLocks
- Pinterest: CityPASS, Seattle Works, Sustainable Seattle