RSVP for ELGL Forum with Former Governor Barbara Roberts – Please join us on Thursday, July 12, for an ELGL brown-bag session with former Oregon Governor and current Metro Councilor Barbara Roberts.
Talkin’ About My Generation with ELGL-Eugene – Please find the attached announcement regarding the upcoming lunch seminar scheduled for Thursday, June 21 in Springfield. Special thanks to Judy Williams at Lane County for putting the agenda together and Jeff Towery at Springfield for agreeing to host us next month.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference – Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
Jefferson Smith or Charlie Hales? Which Portland mayoral candidate should ELGL invite to speak at an upcoming forum?
Reno Just Wants to Be Normal – The city has been a haven for gold rushers, divorce-seekers and gamblers. Now it’s making a bid for the pleasant city market.
The Birth of Zoning Codes, a History – Or, how Americans learned to legislate our NIMBY impulses.
Embattled Oakridge mayor seeks temporary post – Mayor Don Hampton — who narrowly survived a recall election last year — has offered to step down. But there’s a catch. He’ll do so only if the City Council appoints him acting city administrator.
Hillsboro mayor, city manager answer questions about minor league baseball team and stadium (live chat complete) – Readers kept Mayor Jerry Willey and City Manager Michael Brown busy during an hour-long conversation. Read the edited transcript now.
Grammar, a Victim in the Office – Many managers say bad grammar can create bad impressions with clients, ruin marketing materials and cause communications errors.
Companies Slip Workouts Into Work – In an effort to put the brakes on skyrocketing health-insurance costs, companies are thinking up ways to get people moving right in the workplace.
Inside the UGB
- Forest Grove moves toward developing its northwest side
- Yakima Bears agree to Hillsboro’s terms for baseball deal
- Most litigious man tries to intervene in Oswego Lake access case, claims secret underwater bubble
- Continuing to Fix Portland’s Deadliest Travel Corridors
- Rep. Matt Wingard drops bid for 3rd term
- Portland audit questions extra charges on garbage customers with big cans: Portland City Hall roundup
- Sherwood City Council amends employee manual
- Washington County commissioners clear way for November vote on new sheriff’s patrol levy
- Portland tackles backlog of complaints about vacant houses, many in foreclosure
Outside the UGB
- City amends budget, builds up its reserves as future remains ‘uncertain’
- County commissioners: Let public vote on Bandon Marsh expansion
- Ellensburg City Council approves signs and banners
- Bend Parks and Rec moves closer to Nov. bond measure, and trims the price tag a bit
- Franklin County HR director announces candidacy for commissioner seat
- Start of major construction on CRC delayed until late 2014
- County postpones planned early charter review, vote
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: Albany Democrat Herald Twitter: CityofEugeneSITC Pinterest: Springfield News-Leader, Bismarck Tribune, Napa Register