- 06.15.12 Knope of the Week
- The Lightning Round with Pat Mobley
- 06.21.12 The Morning Buzz
- What’s Your Social Media Presence?
- Promoting the Profession While Promoting Your Career
RSVP for ELGL Forum with Former Governor Barbara Roberts – Please join us on Thursday, July 12, for an ELGL brown-bag session with former Oregon Governor and current Metro Councilor Barbara Roberts.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference – Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
Maricopa County, Arizona, Wrangles Over Funds Spent Investigating Obama’s Residency Status – The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office spent nearly $10,000 to send a deputy to Hawaii to investigate documents related to President Barack Obama’s residency status, a cost that included more than $3,500 in overtime payments.
Meet the Millennial Mayors – Typical signs of adulthood may have been delayed for some Millennials, but not this group.
How Commuity Colleges Can Spur Economic Development – A school in Dayton, Ohio, is training high-skilled workers to build drones, one of the city’s budding industries.
Measuring the Sustainability of a Community – Two models explore just how much progress neighborhoods are making.
3 Ways Next-Gen Leaders Can Bring More Tech to Government – Younger workers may not feel they have a big voice when it comes time to ask for permission to use iPhones at work or to make a suggestion about a hot new technology.
Welcome to the Bossless Company – Welcome to the bossless company, where the hierarchy is flat, pay is often determined by peers, and the workday is directed by employees themselves.
Inside the UGB
- Judge rules it’s too soon to challenge MAX proposal
- Do TriMet’s board members ride their buses and trains? Yes, no comment and sometimes (if Portland Streetcar counts)
- Boise Hawks baseball team also eyed Hillsboro
- Charlie Hales’ campaign contribution limits won’t cap total spending in Portland mayor’s race
- Rose Quarter plan would ease height, zoning rules
- Former emergency manager sues city for whistleblower violations
- Editorial piece signed by Charlie Hales, Portland mayoral candidate, lifted newspaper article passages
Outside the UGB
- Alternative forms of government being studied for county
- Eugene City Council to investigate idea of new city revenue source or tax
- Deja Vu For Josephine County Voters
- UPDATED: Gregoire, kids, dignitaries celebrate new waterfront access
- City gets $7.7 million to keep 37 firefighters
- Puyallup council votes to sell city building
Twitter crashes hard, Internet freaks out – Cue the collective Internet freakout! Twitter went down for several hours on Thursday afternoon, depriving users of a place to complain that Twitter was down.
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: Bowen Center for Public Affairs, Association of Indiana Counties (AIC) Twitter: Women in Local Govt, FOX 26 Medford Pinterest: Missoulian, Billings Gazette