- 06.15.12 Knope of the Week
- The Lightning Round with Pat Mobley
- Promoting the Profession While Promoting Your Career
- 06.22.12 The Morning Buzz
- 06.22.12 Knope of the Week
- UNC MPA Job Postings 6-18 to 6-22
- 06.22.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs (The Chalk Art Remix)
- ELGL Forum with Charlie Hales, Portland Mayoral Candidate
RSVP for ELGL Forum with Former Governor Barbara Roberts – Please join us on Thursday, July 12, for an ELGL brown-bag session with former Oregon Governor and current Metro Councilor Barbara Roberts.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference – Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
Save the Date: Happy New (Fiscal) Year Party is July 19 – Celebrate the start of FY 2013 and the recipient of the “Knope of the Year” award.
Yakima Bears owners, general manager to meet Hillsboro community – Immediately after the council meeting, the McMurrays and team general manager K.L. Wombacher will be on hand for a meet-and-greet at 5:30 p.m. in room C207.
City, county consolidate planning departments – Baker City and Baker County are consolidating their planning departments beginning July 1. The county will be the official service provider under the agreement that Baker County Commissioners approved during their meeting Wednesday morning.
The Secret to Less Smelly Sewers: Old Coffee Grounds – Researchers at the City College of New York think they’ve found a way to use coffee to neutralize a city’s most unpleasant odor.
Oakridge mayor resigns from office – He makes the move after a meeting in which councilors approved a budget and hired a city administrator
You Don’t Need a PhD to Innovate – So you’re not a nano-technologist. You don’t know how to sequence the human genome. You confuse artificial intelligence with posing. Does this mean that you’re useless — that you have no place in the 21st-century economy?
Elite Women Put a New Spin on Work-Life Debate – If a woman has a sterling résumé, a supportive husband who speaks fluent car pool and a nurturing boss who just happens to be one of the most powerful women in the world herself, who or what is to blame if Ms. Supposed-to-Have-It-All still cannot balance work and family?
Inside the UGB
- Tualatin’s new city gateway features flock of bronze geese in flight
- With Beaverton growing, farmers embrace a changing landscape
- Cornelius fears double-digit water rate hike, looks for long-term relief
- Steve Duin: Campaign-spending limit effort with Charlie Hales, Jefferson Smith starts with good intentions
- Deal for Veterans Memorial Coliseum remodel delayed again as Portland officials wrestle with high costs, green aspirations
- Hillsboro’s contract terms for Yakima Bears baseball deal
- Conservative policy analyst is first to seek GOP nomination to replace Rep. Matt Wingard
- Lake Oswego residents, City Councilor Mary Olson form political action committee
- Mold, water issues plagued residents at Clackamas County affordable housing complex as officials failed to replace siding
Outside the UGB
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: Discover Downtown Springfield, [email protected], City of Eugene Equity and Human Rights Center Twitter: COBM Portland, Patrick Malee Pinterest: NPR Pins, Colorado Public TV