- 06.29.12 Knope of the Week
- The Lightning Round with Teri Bankhead
- 07.03.12 The Morning Buzz
- What We Have Here is Failure to Communicate
- 07.03.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs (The Sparkler Remix)
RSVP for ELGL Forum with Former Governor Barbara Roberts – Please join us on Thursday, July 12, for an ELGL brown-bag session with former Oregon Governor and current Metro Councilor Barbara Roberts.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference – Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
RSVP: ELGL Happy New (Fiscal) Year Social – Celebrate the start of FY 2013 and the recipient of the “Knope of the Year” award.
City of Lake Oswego Boards and Commissions – To apply for a voluntary position on a City board, commission, or committee, please download and complete the City application .
Debating the Local Food Movement – A new book argues that locavores are terrible for the environment, the economy and global food security.
Why Environmental Reviews Are Slowing Down Big Projects – It takes a long time to get big infrastructure investments through the process, but it doesn’t have to.
So far, so good for new Yakima city manager – Yakima’s new city manager has bought a house, fixed his first flat tire during a bicycle ride up Cowiche Canyon and was sworn in to office Monday at his first official City Council meeting.
Shaking up the status quo: Read about how good leaders use a crisis to produce positive change, and how California city leaders are innovating as a result of the economic crunch.”
Who should map out TriMet’s future? On the surface, it seems like a common-sense notion: Perhaps the Portland region’s elected government should appoint the people who run the region’s transit service, instead of Oregon’s governor.
Stop Wasting Time Being Busy – “If you live in America in the 21st century you’ve probably had to listen to a lot people tell you how busy they are.”
Take the Government Leadership Challenge – I have a challenge for you. If you are a business leader at the very top of your game, it will help you avoid career stagnation. And in so doing, it will also contribute to solving a broader problem: broken government. A recent Gallup survey shows a record-high 81% of Americans are dissatisfied with the way the country is being governed. So here it goes:
Inside the UGB
- Systemwide credit-card bug hits TriMet ticket machines
- Lake Oswego businessman Skip O’Neill announces his run for city council
- Metro’s Opt In engagement tool receives international recognition
- Wilsonville survey reveals community satisfaction, support for recreation center
Outside the UGB
- Stockton Battle With Bondholders Begins This Week
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, Bankruptcy Ban to Be Extended
- Pasco City Council OKs special permit to allow jail expansion
- Mammoth Lakes, California, Files for Bankruptcy
- Task force to tackle downtown Salem parking
- Town’s Teamwork
- Candidate backs EmX expansion
- New City Budgets
- Corvallis is second Oregon city with plastic bag ban
- Tax levied by Oregon Department of Energy unconstitutional, utilities say
Why You Should Embrace Twitter Lurkers – Please do not unfollow Twitter followers who are inactive, no matter how long it’s been. There are many lurkers, searchers and readers who may never tweet, but still have a great deal of value.
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: Sacramento Valley Division, League of California Cities
Twitter: Karen Pinkos, Ali Saleh, Peter Kageyama Pinterest: Denver Post Library, Marin Independent Journal, Daily Camera ELGL Facebook, ELGL Twitter, ELGL LinkedIn, ELGL Google+, ELGL Pinterest