- 06.29.12 Knope of the Week
- The Lightning Round with Teri Bankhead
- 07.05.12 The Morning Buzz
- A 15-Year Spending Binge
- “This is not supposed to happen”
- 07.05.12 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs (No Shoes, No Shirt Remix)
RSVP for ELGL Forum with Former Governor Barbara Roberts – Please join us on Thursday, July 12, for an ELGL brown-bag session with former Oregon Governor and current Metro Councilor Barbara Roberts.
ELGL Social Hour at OCCMA Conference – Learn more about ELGL and how our membership is redefining the future of local government in Oregon!
RSVP: ELGL Happy New (Fiscal) Year Social – Celebrate the start of FY 2013 and the recipient of the “Knope of the Year” award.
Red Card – Jefferson Smith says he regrets acts of unsportsmanlike conduct that have gotten him banned from the court and field.
Kayak Tours Pose New Risk for Cities – A recent incident in which about a dozen touring kayakers had to be pulled from the Chicago River by rescuers after they capsized in a storm highlights the risks cities face as they increasingly turn their rivers into urban playgrounds.
Harris seeks $500K, says Ridgefield mayor injured her eye – Ron Onslow says foam ball hit Vancouver City Council member’s temple.
Online Education for Boomers – Colleges, start-ups and nonprofits are rushing to tap a mix of Web services and software to open online educational ventures. One Silicon Valley start-up is teaming with UCLA to reach baby boomers looking to upgrade their skills.
School’s in Session at Google – Last year, Google offered more classes to more employees than it ever has before, with about a third of its 33,100-strong workforce going through GoogleEDU. But it also uses analytics to measure the effectiveness of courses.
Inside the UGB
- Washington County Asks TriMet to Limit YouthPass Fallout to Portland
- Jefferson Smith Raising Money Above Hales’ Limits
- CITIZEN’S VIEW: Stop the LOT water plant
- Hayden Island plan stirs neighbors’ ire
- Parks plan goes before city
- Portland businesses, volunteers help keep the city’s park system up and running
- John Ludlow, Clackamas County chairman candidate, continues to lead fundraising race
- Nuisance or not, it costs to cut down trees in Portland
- Clackamas County Sheriff Craig Roberts endorses anti-light-rail measure on Sept. 18 ballot
- Will Clackamas County light-rail ballot measure increase taxes? PolitiFact Oregon
- Ron Le Blanc plans run for West Linn mayor, instead of city council seat
Outside the UGB
- Arena foes tell city: If you build it, we will sue
- Mukilteo fires IT director after system crash bit
- Kirkland will vote on roads, parks measures
- New Detroit Farm Plan Taking Root
- Utility Uses Social Media To Spur Conservation
- City By City, Northwest Bans Plastic Shopping Bags
Stay connected by following these feeds.Facebook: Clean Rivers and Streams, Clackamas River Basin Council Twitter: Santa Cruz County CA, County of Nevada, CA, Alameda County Pinterest: Kate Brown, Gary Conkling, Oregon Humane Society ELGL Facebook, ELGL Twitter, ELGL LinkedIn, ELGL Google+, ELGL Pinterest