More than 120 people crowd into Damascus City Hall for 3-hour meeting – Tension between Mayor Steve Spinnett and City Manager Greg Baker over an incident at City Hall involving Spinnett’s wife, Cindy, spurred a lack of communication between the men, leaving a gap in the process for setting meeting agendas.
Why Reviewing Brooklyn’s New Arena Before It Opened Was Premature – Barclays Center can’t be assessed as a standalone building; its impact on the surrounding neighborhood must be taken into account.
Proposed Bainbridge budget to trim staff in planning and police departments – Interim City Manager Morgan Smith presented the preliminary two-year budget to the city council last week, and the spending plan includes a 4 percent reduction in staffing that represents the largest cut in employees since the 2011 budget.
Tacoma: City Manager T.C. Broadnax set to propose 217 job cuts, staff reorganizations to help meet projected $63 million shortfall in 2013-14 general fund.
Change from town to city gives Ruston leaders more autonomy – Elected leaders in the community of about 750 residents voted Tuesday night to change Ruston from a fourth-class town to a second-class noncharter code city.
Gold Hill hires interim city manager – City officials Monday announced the hiring of veteran administrator Dale Shaddox as interim city manager.The semi-retired Eagle Point resident spent three decades managing cities and towns in California before venturing to Oregon eight years ago.
- Police union urges city to ‘focus on the facts’ of Frashour case
- Witness: In self defense, Jefferson Smith ‘bopped’ woman ‘in the face’ at ’93 party
- Tualatin City Council race pits Monique Beikman against Jan Giunta
- Washington County Board of Commissioners approves Tektronix agreement, school boundary board changes
- The future of Hillsboro’s water and roads the topic of Tuesday meetings
- Exclusive: Sit-down interview with Jefferson Smith on 1993 scuffle
- City could take step toward filing for bankruptcy
- Glendale manager: City still working on new Coyotes deal with Jamison
- King County Council members voice concerns about proposed Seattle arena
- Astoria residents tell city: Dump JP Moss
- Pilot program could bring homeless hosts to Lane County parks
- Yank CRC funding, federal budget watchdog urges
- Man accused of trail sabotage still employed by county
- Camas, Washougal mayors halfway to better health | October 3
- [email protected]: The shaping of a city
- PERS rates vary widely at the local level
RSVP: ELGL Forum with Amanda Marshall, US Attorney for Oregon – Please join us on Thursday, October 11 at noon for an ELGL forum with U.S Attorney for Oregon, Amanda Marshall. The forum will be held at Cafe Allegro in Tigard. RSVP to ELGL Project Coordinator, Megan Messmer, [email protected]
SW Corridor Meeting – Engaged community members talk about Southwest corridor project screening results.
Seven candidates vying for three open city council seats – Upcoming town hall meeting. Silverton residents will have the opportunity to pose questions to mayoral and city council candidates at a town hall-style forum from 7 p.m.
The 10 Worst Interview Questions (and the 5 Best) – This common refrain toward the close of a job interview can make even the best of us stammer when the tables are turned. But with the national unemployment rate over 8%, sharp interview skills are more important than ever.
How to Energize Your Employees – Meetings and performance reviews don’t energize employees. For that, you need something a little more … random.
How to tell if your boss is a psychopath – He’s smartly dressed, always early, and has a fancy corner office. He looks put together, but you know the truth: Your boss is a psychopath.
Should you fire people for being happy? A group of lifeguards was fired for creating a video onYouTube. This link has over 1,000,000 hits so far. Yes, that is 1 million people who now know what a lifeguard uniform looks like. It’s 1 million people that associate going to the pool with having fun, and thanks to the rather heavy-handed response of their employers in firing them, the videos are going viral. Good – the viral, not the firing. A great lesson to us all, especially those of us old gits who don’t ‘get’ the importance of social media, who think that the internet, web-sites, and social media are just a waste of time, something that minimizes the ‘serious’ and ‘important’ messages that we are communicating from our ivory towers.
Ask Your Critic to Join Your Team – Teams thrive on the tension created from diverse points of view. To get those varied opinions in your group, start by finding the biggest critics of the challenge you’re working on.
The Social Network
The essential guide to social intranets – Fire up employee engagement with a remodeled social intranet.
25 Facebook tips every social media manager needs – Everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask.
Twitter: Beaverton Dwtn Assoc
Pinterest: Oregon GEARUP
Google+: KMOV Channel 4