City Management is Key to Success of Seguin, Texas – A new video released by ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, explains the important role of City Manager Doug Faseler in working with Seguin’s elected officials, business community, and residents in making Seguin a place they’re proud to call home.
Broadnax taking a short-sighted approach to solving Tacoma’s fiscal crisis – In proposing massive cuts to critical public services and the elimination of 217 jobs over the next two years, Tacoma’s new city manager is taking the wrong approach to solving the city’s longstand-ing budget crisis.
Yes, This Ad Is Offensive. But Free Speech Rides Public Transit, Too – Sometimes embracing free speech means sharing the subway with an ad that churns your stomach.
Deschutes County still seeking administrator – The Deschutes County Board of Commissioners has completed its most recent recruitment process for the County Administrator — without success in hiring one.
Handy, county back in court – He accuses fellow commissioners of violating the same law he was accused of breaking two years ago
- West Linn embroiled in church vs. state fight over teen center
- West Linn couple who illegally built backyard pool plans for removal
- After spending $2.3 million, Mayor Sam Adams abandons Oregon Sustainability Center
- Charlie Hales and Jefferson Smith joust over differences before Portland City Club
- Hillsboro eyes the Willamette River as water source of the future
- Stadium work includes recycling material
- City poll shows voters support Cornelius library
- Economic summit brings good news
- Ludlow ticket speeds up campaign swipes
- Worries about extremists on the rise in Clackamas County
- Board looks at election results, future votes
- Johnny Johnston jumps into role as Ventura’s interim city manager
- City passes on wellness program
- Foundation hands ‘pork’ award to city
- Bend water project foes ask court to halt work
- Upon leaving Oregon’s Public Employee Retirement System Board, James Dalton offers reforms
- Fiscal cliff threatens 277,000 federal jobs
- Audit says UP ‘at risk,’ but city says it’s refinancing debt
RSVP: ELGL Forum with Amanda Marshall, US Attorney for Oregon – Please join us on Thursday, October 11 at noon for an ELGL forum with U.S Attorney for Oregon, Amanda Marshall. The forum will be held at Cafe Allegro in Tigard. RSVP to ELGL Project Coordinator, Megan Messmer, [email protected]
City of Gresham Boards and Commissions – Every year hundreds of residents give their expertise and time as a volunteer though the City’s volunteer program. As a volunteer with the City you will have an opportunity to put your knowledge, talent and energy towards improving the quality of life in your community. We have something for everyone.
Join Opt In, Metro’s online opinion panel – Learn about Metro’s online opinion panel – a new way to share your views and help shape the future of the region.
Why you should always lead with a story – A great sales story isn’t just helpful when talking to the buyer. They’re also helpful to you as the leader to turn your entire organization into a revenue-generating machine—whether they’re in the sales department or not. For example, here’s one that teaches a creative way to approach potential customers that relies on the old adage, “Two heads are better than one.”
In the Job Search & Over 50: Preparation (Part I of III) – As many of you mentioned in your comments on my article Over 50 & Still In the Market – What’s Your Next Move?,not everyone who’s 50 years old or older has the luxury of an encore career. Many job seekers need a full-time job with full-time pay, and are feeling the negative effects of a down economy.
Top Five Personality Traits Employers Hire Most – I know you: You’ve made looking for your next job, well… your job. You’ve scoured your resume of clichéd buzzwords, brushed up on body language and even gotten a handle on the dreaded video interview.
The Social Network
Unlikely PR genius: Big Bird – Brands can learn from PBS’s response to Mitt Romney vowing to cut government subsidies for the network.
Facebook tops 1 billion users – And releases a highly polished 90-second video to mark the occasion.
Facebook: Life, Well Run
Twitter: Pulse Northwest
Pinterest: US National Archives