This is the company information page for the 2019 #ELGLHaverford award.
- Website: https://www.resourcex.net/
- Contact person: Chris Fabian
- Contact email: [email protected]
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/resource-exploration-resourcex-/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/_ResourceX
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ResourceXploration/
- Industry sector: Technology
- Minority/Women-Owned: No
- Does the company have an articulated equity/inclusion policy: Yes
- Nominated by: Washington County, Wisconsin
Engagement With ELGL:
- Blogs, Webinars, Podcasts with ELGL? Yes
- Events, Activities with ELGL? Yes
Working with the Company:
Describe your work and interactions with the nominee – how have you worked with them, on what projects, in what capacity?
- Washington County has partnered with ResourceX since we began using priority based budgeting in 2015. From the beginning, the technology innovations they provided allowed us to prioritize our programs to provide a well-governed and administered county. Not only have they helped us save a measurable $11 million dollars in resource allocations, they also provided the tools to present the results to our elected officials and community. ResourceX goes above and beyond selling their technology tools by continuously providing innovative resources to keep our organization moving forward. For example, in 2019 our Budget Supervisor enrolled in an online ResourceX Leadership Class and subsequently built a recession contingency plan called a “Fiscal Endurance Exercise.” After sharing with the class, ResourceX invited the Washington County team to Colorado to present the project at their annual summit. During the summit, members of the county were able to network and meet people working in municipalities worldwide to gain a greater understanding of the importance of public service. Additionally, since we presented the Fiscal Endurance Exercise, other municipalities have started implementing that project in other communities! That is just one example of their effort to share innovative knowledge of municipal leadership that we continuously use in our County. ResourceX is also a company of fantastic customer service. Regarding response time, they have never taken more than 24 hours to get back to our organization when we inquire. In fact, we usually hear back from them within two hours. They are a great team that we continue to enjoy working with on projects and innovations.
What was the product/outcome of your relationship with the company?
- We have saved $11.5 million in resource allocations by applying Priority Based Budgeting. Their leadership class improved company culture. Access to their expertise allows us to continuously improve with new innovations.
What are three words you’d use to describe the company?
- Integrity, Innovation, Leadership
Describe the on boarding process for your work with the company – either when you personally started working with them, or when your organization did. What could someone else in local government know about starting work with this company?
- Onboarding with Resource X could not have been better or made easier. They introduced me to Stuart McEwen, who was assigned to be our county liaison. When I started working in the Priority Based Budgeting tool, I was nervous that I might destroy or lose important data. Stuart built custom “sandboxes” to go explore the data, giving me the peace of mind that I would not impact the actual budget. I was able to email him anytime night or day, and receive a helpful response – usually within minutes! Everyone in the organization is very approachable and friendly, and explain complicated budget materials in a simple way. Meeting the team in person at the ResourceX Summit in Denver, CO was like running into a group of old friends. They are a really welcoming bunch. They are all very knowledgeable about their product and give succinct answers to questions, and they are always open to new suggestions.
What is the company’s pricing structure? Please be as descriptive as possible.
- They charge a standard annual fee based on the different tools we use. Unlimited users.
What’s the most interesting or fun aspect of your work with the company?
- There are so many fun parts about working with ResourceX. One is that they constantly provide continuous improvement opportunities (for no additional cost), and always make an effort to be innovative. This company takes pride in the municipalities that invest in them and continuously strive to improve them. Because they are so focused on innovation and customer-centric, it is really fun to make suggestions to a data tool and work through it with them. They also host an Annual Summit each year to display how different communities use the tools they provide to bring local government to the next level.
How has your relationship with the company evolved or changed over time? How has the company reacted to or addressed any changes that your organization has requested in the scope/focus of your work together?
- The really great part about working with a team of technology innovators is that they consistently try to improve their product. Washington County was the first County in Wisconsin to implement Priority Based Budgeting and so much has changed since our initial meetings. ResourceX often invites Washington County to use their newly developed tools, dashboards, and strategies. As we request changes, they adopt very quickly. For example: they showed a dashboard in a presentation during their annual summit. I approached them after the talk telling them that it would be perfect tool to use in our county. I returned to my desk the following Monday to an email that they had installed that dashboard in our tool and we could go ahead and use it. The ability of this company to quickly adapt to our requests has made working with them a great experience.