This is the company information page for the 2019 #ELGLHaverford award.
- Website: https://www.municode.com/
- Contact person: Will Brewton
- Contact email: [email protected]
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/municode
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/municodecorp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/municode/
- Industry sector: Communications
- Minority/Women-Owned: No
- Does the company have an articulated equity/inclusion policy: No
- Nominated by: Town of Strasburg, City of Kenai, Siskiyou County
Engagement With ELGL:
- Blogs, Webinars, Podcasts with ELGL? No
- Events, Activities with ELGL? No
Working with the Company:
Describe your work and interactions with the nominee – how have you worked with them, on what projects, in what capacity?
- We worked with Municode to design our new website. For us, a high level of collaboration was imperative because we have neither an IT department, nor a communications department. And the process of redeveloping a website can already be incredibly difficult to go through, but they simplified it for our small organization. They laid out very clear requests and checked in with us along the way. The Municode staff listened to what we needed, walked us through the process, and delivered a mobile-friendly, attractive and responsive website. We were impressed while working with them and are thrilled with the product.
- Partnering with Municode has given us an award winning (3CMA Savvy Award) website that meets ADA requirements, and is mobile responsive. We also partner with Municode for our meeting management needs which supports our goals for being open and transparent and meeting ADA accessibility requirements. In both situations, Municode has proven to be the best value. In addition, Municode reaches out with information and solutions that affect local governments.
What was the product/outcome of your relationship with the company?
- The improvement from our old website was incredible. It meets the needs of our council and the community, so not only do we have a more effective way of sharing information with our community, we have another successful project we can hold up.
What are three words you’d use to describe the company?
- Efficient, Helpful and Open
Describe the on boarding process for your work with the company – either when you personally started working with them, or when your organization did. What could someone else in local government know about starting work with this company?
- They did a nice job of handing us from the folks who were selling the service to the folks who were helping us through the design phase. The designers, as mentioned, were very organized and easy to get in touch with when there were questions or concerns.
What is the company’s pricing structure? Please be as descriptive as possible.
- Standardized pricing based on population
What’s the most interesting or fun aspect of your work with the company?
- We had a wonderful project manager who had a fun and direct personality that meshed with my own well.
How has your relationship with the company evolved or changed over time? How has the company reacted to or addressed any changes that your organization has requested in the scope/focus of your work together?
- We certainly don’t interact as much as we did, but they have been very responsive to requests we’ve had since finishing with site development.
Anything else to add about the company that we haven’t already asked you?
- The nature of building a website allowed this to be a completely virtual relationship which can be quite difficult; however, I remain pleased with our experience with Municode.