ELGL’s annual Knope Award honors the top local government places.
- In 2017, we honored the best city hall buildings.
- In 2018, we honored the best libraries.
- In 2019, we honored the best parks.
In 2020, we’re recognizing the best police stations, fire stations, and public safety facilities!
The #ELGLKnope process starts with nominations. During the month of February, nominate your favorite public safety facility.
During the month of March, we’ll begin weekly bracket-style voting. ELGL members get extra chances to vote, and we’ll use social media to also showcase the nominated facilities and highlight your community pride.
The public safety facilities in the running for the #ELGLKnope award get fame, recognition, and community support to showcase community pride!
Make your nomination today:
This award is not about recognizing the newest or shiniest building. It’s about celebrating the work and the people who are inside the building, doing great work for our communities.
Nominating your police or fire station is the first step in celebrating the work of these essential local government employees. So don’t fret if your police station isn’t the most beautiful building you’ve ever seen, or if your fire station isn’t brand new – if you love your police and fire departments, make your nomination today so ELGL can celebrate their work and their service.
Timeline for awards:
- The bracket of 32 will be opened for voting on March 2.
- The Sweet 16 will be opened for voting on March 9.
- The Elite 8 will be opened for voting on March 16.
- The Final 4 will be opened for voting on March 23.
- The National Championship will be opened for voting on March 30.
- The 2020 #ELGLKnope winner will be announced on April 3.