Welcome to the new and (somewhat) improved version of our member introductions. If you are puzzled by the column name, take a minute to watch the above scene from Austin Powers.
Town of Carrboro, NC — Town Clerk
(Complete the sentence) Today is…… September 30, 2014 and a gift that why it’s called the present.
Micaville, NC – known for Mt. Mitchell – highest peak east of the Mississippi
Describe the state of local government in your area.
Progressive and involved! Proactive rather than reactive. Flexible without breaking.
What topics or practitioners would you like to see ELGL profile?
Technology (How does it change the way we work? The way meetings are held? What do citizens want from local government that we aren’t providing)
(Complete these phrases) Best thing about the….
- 80’s was……. Being born and getting a brother
- 90’s was…… Vanilla Ice to Jay-Z, riding dirt bikes to driving cars, playing baseball to fastpitch softball, elementary to beginning of high school
- 00’s was….. the turn of the century, Y2K, APPALACHIAN STATE UNIVERSITY, College, Grad School, finding out who I was.
- Last year was….. I count this as the last 365 days – amazing and gut wrenching. Losing loved ones and getting engaged. The most extreme of all emotions. Learning that life truly is amazing and a gift. Learning to be in the moment. It was the Bahamas and Punta Cana. Louisville and love.
- Today is…. Trying to be the best that I can be. Love the best that I can. Appreciated.
If you could interview anyone (dead or alive), who would it be?
- Granddad Bryant
- Abraham Lincoln
- Jesus Christ
What are the best things about the internet?
Access to people and knowledge
Parent(s) can be influential in career choices of their kids. What was the career path of your parent(s)?
I am the first of both parents to go to college. I watched my parents work their tails off every day to provide for our family. I knew I wanted to work just as hard but college was my dream.
(Complete the sentence) ELGL is…… a great way to connect with emerging leaders in the same field.
Give us two ideas for attracting and retaining talented individuals to the public sector. Keep spreading the word and having events.
What’s one question that we should ask the next person who completes this profile?
Do you consider yourself a leader?
(Complete the sentence) Tomorrow is…….free beer. Nope that’s not right but I did see it on a sign at the bar. Tomorrow is a chance to do everything that didn’t get done today.
- The Daily Tar Heel :: Carrboro prepares for special election
- Wilson becomes Town Clerk on Oct. 4
- New Sensation: Michelle Holder
- Knopes of the Week