ELGL is excited to launch our first formalized book club series in 2020.
Stay in touch: join the Facebook group
Learn about the Book Club: visit the webpage
- To read and discuss non-fiction books related to leadership, business and psychology with an engaging group of colleagues while having fun
- Meet new people and engage new viewpoints
- Expand knowledge and understanding
- Learn new concepts and how to apply them to our lives and local government work
- Book club meetings will take place online and are open to all ELGL members. Participants should plan to log on with a strong internet connection, and ideally a webcam.
- We’ll use this Facebook group and our Slack channel to coordinate and talk about books.
- No sweat- if you can’t attend, don’t worry about. Catch up next time. If you haven’t read the book, don’t worry about it- come anyway and listen in!
- Feel free to share comments on the Facebook page!
- Special thanks to Lawrence, Kansas Assistant City Manager Diane Stoddard for coordinating the ELGL Book Club!
- January – How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie – hosted by Diane Stoddard
- February – The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker – hosted by Toney Thompson
- March – The Death and Life of Great American Cities by Jane Jacobs – hosted by Emily Edmonds
- Meetings are held monthly, on the third Thursday at noon and 6:00 pm Central. Participants can choose whether a day time is more convenient, or an evening time.
I have more questions.
- Please contact us!