[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Local government planning and zoning staff literally shape the look, feel, and futures of our communities. This ELGL series will provide insight and perspective from the people working on the front lines in these departments. We’ll share their stories and insights to give the ELGL community a bigger perspective on planning, zoning, and land use.[/vc_column_text][vc_btn title=”Sign up to blog!” style=”3d” color=”danger” size=”lg” align=”center” link=”url:http%3A%2F%2Fwww.signupgenius.com%2Fgo%2F20f0a45aaa92da02-planningzoning||target:%20_blank|”][vc_column_text]
Participating in this series is easy. Sign up for a date, and email your blog post by the due date.
Here are some sample ideas to write about:
- Digital Technology for Detailed Plans
- Workflow Models for the Building Process
- Local VS State Building Codes
- Why is Erosion Control Important?
- Proactive or Reactive – How do you enforce municipal codes?
- Behind the Scene – Subdivision Development
- Entering Dangerous Environments for Inspections
- Pick Up Your Garbage! (The struggle on telling someone what to do with their property)
- Avoiding Neighbor to Neighbor Disputes
- Maximize the Potential of Your GIS
- Tiny Houses: The Big Deal Behind this Little Movement
- Crafting Smart, Fair AirBnB Policy
- An Inside Look: A Day in the Life of a Building Official
- How Electronic Business Licensing is Changing the Game
- How to Avoid the Most Common Mistakes for New Building Inspectors
- Regulating Marijuana: Growing with this Growing Industry
Why write for ELGL.org? Sharing your ideas online is a great way to add to your professional portfolio and resume, build out your LinkedIn profile, and share your knowledge with the broader local government community.
This blog series is created in partnership with All-In member ViewPoint Cloud. Contact Rachel Keyser to learn more about ViewPoint’s local gov services.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]