Want to encourage #CityHallSelfie Day in your community? Even promote it to your local media?
We’ve prepared a full media kit and some quick talking points to make it easy:
- Local government professionals and elected officials from around the globe participate in #CityHallSelfie day.
- The day is organized by ELGL, the Engaging Local Government Leaders Network,, a big tent local government professional association that connects, communicates, and educates about local government public service.
- In 2018, ELGL and Bang the Table are partnering on an awards program for the best #CityHallSelfies in 20 categories.
- We also award a Member’s Choice Award. ELGL members will nominate and vote for the best overall selfie. You can learn more about membership here.
- #CityHallSelfie day is a chance to show pride in local government service and facilities.
- On this day, people take self portraits in front of local government buildings and share them on social media.
- Local governments, municipal associations, and local gov employees are busily promoting this special day to employees and community members.
- August 15, 2018
- In front of any city, county, special district, regional, etc. building.
- #CityHallSelfie day is a chance to celebrate local government service and the important work happening at the local level, and to showcase local government facilities.
- Individuals and groups take “selfies” (self portraits) in front of local government buildings and use the hashtag #CityHallSelfie to compile the photos on Twitter.
- ELGL also compiles the pictures on its Facebook page, on an interactive map, and oversees the award program.
- Download logo files – .eps | .jpg | .png
- Media contact: Kirsten Wyatt, ELGL Executive Director, Email, Phone
- It’s (almost) the most glorious day of the year for local government public servants: #CityHallSelfie day! This year, we’ll celebrate local government on August 15, 2018. Whether you work for a city, county, special district, town, or other form of local government, August 15 is the day to snap a selfie in front of your government building. We’ll be handing out trophies for #CityHallSelfie takers in twenty categories. And, our friends at Bang the Table are upping the ante and also giving selfie sticks to the award winners! This is your chance to show your pride in local government service. Mark your calendars, review the award categories, and get ready to make history on August 15, 2017! #CityHallSelfie day is coordinated by ELGL.
- #CityHallSelfie day is August 15! Snap a picture in front of _____ city hall and use the hashtag to show your civic pride! @ELGL50 #localgov
I’m the co-founder and executive director of ELGL. I love my job. Other things I love: local government, my family, my dog Michael Jordan, sandwiches, naps, books, and skee-ball.