Prepare for #ELGL14 by learning about who is attending. Find out if you’ll be surrounded by soft talkers, loud eaters, and finger biters or whether you’ll be surrounded by the best in local government.
City of Portland — Parks and Recreation
(Complete the sentence) #ELGL14 is…..completely unknown to me! This is my first time participating in anything ELGL-related. Is it a cult? Will there be constant Parks & Rec GIFs (hope so!)? Is there a secret handshake? I guess I’ll find out…
Registration for #ELGL14 cost $60. If you could use that $60 to buy something else, what would you buy? I’d like to have a more intellectual answer, but my first thought was pizza, so I’ll go with that. To be specific, it’d be pizza followed by ice cream affogato at Lovely’s 50/50 on Mississippi Ave. The tastiest dough I’ve ever had (and amazing toppings, too).
If #ELGL14 spun off into a music festival, what bands (dead or alive) would you like to see?
Mouse Rat and the Duke Silver Trio
During your time in Portland for #ELGL14, how do you plan on “Keeping Portland Weird?”
I live and work here, so I am responsible for keeping Portland Weird 365 days a year. #ELGL14 is just business as usual for me. Since I live only about 1.5 miles from the Kennedy School, I’ll probably be biking (in a dress, no spandex in public for me) to the conference.
(Complete the sentence) I feel old when…… I tried to explain to a current college student how my 5 college roommates and I shared one landline phone with an answering machine in the 90s.
- River View Natural Area | The City of Portland, Oregon
- Sunday Parkways rides through NE Portland
- Notes from the January Forum on Dogs in Woodlawn Park
- Bike Commute Challenge — Rider: Maija Spencer
- Ian Davidson, City of Lake Oswego
- Patrick Rollens, Village of Oak Park, IL
- Zach Henkin, Drive Oregon
- Marc Gonzales, Clackamas County Finance Director
- Inessa Vitko, TriMet Public Affairs
- Bridget Doyle, Village of Lombard, IL
- Joanna Crean, City of Boulder
- David Donaldson, Woodland Park Zoo
- Mac Prichard, Prichard Communications
- Rachel Sykes, PSU MPA Student
- Kathleen Rastetter, Clackamas County, OR
- Thomas Frank, West Linn City Councilor
- Jessica Nunley Pelz, City of Newberg
- Whitney Rhodes, Pierce County, WA
- Jon Amundson, Richland, WA Assistant City Manager
- Kylie Bayer-Fertterer, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District
- Nyssa Rivera, City of Forest Grove
- Gwen Voelpel, SeaTac Assistant City Manager
- Katie Babits, City of Veneta, OR
- Josh Mahar, Municipal Research and Services Center
- Heather Martin, Beery Elsner & Hammond, LLP
- Ethan Cirmo, City of Portland, OR