ELGL’s mission is to connect, communicate and educate. And while we can promise that each #ELGL16 pop up location will communicate and educate about local government topics, geography makes it hard to truly connect with our amazingly diverse membership.
And so we’re assigning each #ELGL16 attendee to a band. Your #ELGL16 band is your chance to form connections with other ELGL members, even if they’re not attending the same pop-up location as you.
The #ELGL16 planning committee hopes that you’ll find a way to communicate with your bandmates before, during and after the conference. Ways you can do this:
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow them on Twitter
- Friend them on Facebook
- Share your stories from #ELGL16
- Meet up (if you’re at the same pop-up location) and sit next to each other during meals or sessions
- Snap a photo with your band mates and share with the other locations
This is our way of making the nationwide ELGL family a little smaller and more manageable as you continue your public service career. To quote the legendary Steven Van Zandt:
Band members have a special bond. A great band is more than just some people working together. It’s like a highly specialized army unit, or a winning sports team. A unique combination of elements that becomes stronger together than apart.
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Your #ELGL16 Bandmates:” color=”orange” border_width=”2″][vc_column_text]
- Brett Cast, HD Supply Waterworks
- Deborah Goldberg, Stratagon, Inc. | Twitter & LinkedIn
- Erin Sharkey, DePaul University Graduate Student | Twitter & LinkedIn
- Nanette Neelan, City of Lakewood, CO
- Kathryn Duffy
- Michelle Wood, City of Belmont, NC
- Deborah Castle, Vision Internet
- Denise Taylor, CCCMA
- Nole Hopkins, CCCMA
- Tonya Walton, Orange County, NC | Twitter & LinkedIn
- Rob Carty, ICMA Conference
- Karen Pinkos, City of El Cerrito, CA
- Jeff Towery, Towery Consulting
- Bert Lumbreras, City of Austin, TX
- Lee Feldman, City of Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Jay Hutchison, City of Lakewood, CO
- Julia Katz, Triangle J Council of Governments | Twitter & LinkedIn
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Your #ELGL16 Inspiration:” color=”orange” border_width=”2″][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/CbxuXq_981s”][/vc_column][/vc_row]
I’m the co-founder and executive director of ELGL. I love my job. Other things I love: local government, my family, my dog Michael Jordan, sandwiches, naps, books, and skee-ball.