Word on the Street
If you want to keep up with the leading edge thinkers among the next generation of leaders…be a member of ELGL.
– Ron Holifield, CEO, Strategic Gov’t Resources
ELGL is probably the coolest and most informative public administration-related organization I’m aware of.
– Eric Peterson, City Manager, Hillsborough, NC
ELGL is this really cool group… that are our profession’s future, as a profession and as an association, in my opinion.
– Bonnie Svrcek, ICMA Past President and Lynchburg Deputy City Manager
In one year, I will renew my membership because ELGL is rejuvenating public service with its positive and youthful energy.
– Leisha DeHart-Davis, UNC Professor of Public Administration
ELGL in the Headlines
Knopes of ELGL: Willamette University alumni magazine highlights ELGL.
American City County magazine highlights ELGL’s Municipal outreach.
Center for Priority Based Budgeting profiles ELGL – Role Reversal: CPBB Puts ELGL Through the Lens
ELGL has the most diverse membership of any professional association. Our mission is to connect, communicate, and educate both the public and private sector. Our members range from young and old, interns to managers, public to private sector, and planners to librarians.
More than 400 professionals in the local government arena have joined or renewed their ELGL membership for 2014. Here’s why you should become part of the most innovative networking group in local government.
Front Row Access
You will receive priority access to our monthly forums and micronetworking events.
Previous speakers included: Gov. Chris Gregoire, K.L. Wombacher, Hillsboro Hops General Manager, U.S. Attorney Amanda Marshall, District of Oregon, Bob Moore, founder of Milwaukie-based Bob’s Red Mill, Mike Golub, Portland Timbers Chief Operating Officer, and Todd Silverstein, Vizify CEO.
More than 200 Jobs Postings Each Week
The weekly Jobs, Jobs, Jobs feature is updated throughout the week
Latest, Most Relevant Public Sector News
ELGL has you covered on the web and on social media along with our e-newsletter, “The Weekly Reader.” Our website received more than 120,000 views last year and we have 683 Facebook likes, 1,065 Twitter followers, and 715 LinkedIn group members.
Priority Registration to #ELGL14
#ELGL13 was named one of the “can’t miss networking events” by Mac’s List.
Prominent Placement in 3rd edition of “Who’s Who in the Public Sector”
Learn from and Create Original Content
Gain Practical Experience
Serve on our advisory board, #ELGL14 planning committee, Midwest or Southwest ELGL leadership committee, or strategic planning task force
List of Organizational Members
- Cities of Beaverton, Gresham, Hillsboro, Hillsborough (NC), Little Elm (TX), Allen (TX), Portland, Tigard, West Linn and Wilsonville
- CFM Strategic Communications
- Clackamas County
- Oregon Metro
- Strategic Government Resources
- Mac’s List
- Cosgrave Vergeer Kester
Organizational members will receive:
- unlimited job postings in our weekly Jobs, Jobs, Jobs feature.
- access to posts about events, hot topics, and networking events.
- exposure on our website which received more than 120,000 views last year.
- exposure on our social media outlets. We have 683 Facebook likes, 1,065 Twitter followers, and 715 LinkedIn group members.