Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
Aly Van Dyke
City of Topeka – Director of Media Relations
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
Well we’re starting our 2018 budget talks, with a commitment to spend a lot more on streets and a property tax increase lid from the state — so that should be interesting this year. Also, I’ll be starting another job with the City of Austin the next week so…that’s pretty big!
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
Window – nice view when you want it, and your feet are saved from the drink cart.
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
So I googled books set in Detroit to see if I had read any. The Virgin Suicides was set close to Detroit so….that?
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
My friend Kelly Baker. Because she knows famous people. I’ve really made it.
What question(s) should we have asked?
What are you going to do in Detroit? Answer: Try mom’s spaghetti.
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI