Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
My 9-5 work isn’t applicable to the upcoming conference, so I’ll answer with regard to the work I do when I’m at home. The biggest problem I’m facing is data; both its availability and its quality.
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
Depends on where I’m going. If I’m flying into somewhere that I’ve never been, I prefer the window seat so I can take in the sites. If it’s a routine flight, I prefer the aisle seat so I can stretch my legs.
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
the underappreciated culture that thrives in this great city. Whether that’s represented by the annual Marche Du Nain Rouge, or the friendly rivalry between Lafayette and National Coney, this city has traditions and secrets rich in culture. And that’s the side of Detroit that never gets talked about.
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
Admittedly, I’ve never read a book about Detroit, and I can’t really think of an article I read that stuck with me. In general, the best book I read about a city was Devil in the White City, but that was about Chicago. I saw a reference to Detroit: An Autopsy on the ELGL website, so I actually just bought that from Amazon and am going to read it before the conference.
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
A quick analysis showed that the names of some of the most successful Motown groups started with the word ‘the’ and ended with a noun or adjective. So, to ensure my success, I would call my group ‘The Gallimaufry’.
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
I suppose that would be this guy I know who is one of the photographers for People Magazine.
What question(s) should we have asked?
Lafeyette or National Coney, but you should also indicate that the question should answered after the conference.
- Mitch Foster, Village of Winneconne, WI
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI
- Aly Van Dyke, City of Topeka/City of Austin
- Shanna Draheim, Michigan Municipal League
- Ashley Jacobs, Aiken County, SC
- Cindy Plante, City of Evanston, IL
- Elizabeth King, City of Oak Park, MI
- Susan Barkman, University of Colorado
- Samantha Harkins, Munetrix
- Ryan Piche, City of Caro, MI
- Elizabeth Vogel, Clinton Township, MI
- Joshua Schoemann, Washington County, WI
- Josh Dukelow, Host of “Fresh Take”
- Carly Lorentz, City of Wheat Ridge, CO
- Maria Ryan, City of Vancouver, WA
- Roy Atkinson, City of Altoona, WI
ELGL C0-Founder. Interim Communications Manager for the City of Tigard, Oregon.