Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
Connect: LinkedIn & Twitter
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
Launching our new Entrepreneurship Support Program, which will provide small one-time grants, microloans, and technical assistance to Evanston residents starting or expanding a small business in our community. Applications are due right before I leave for ELGL. I’m also working with a few other departments on an outreach campaign or enrollment drive to encourage people to sign up for our transit benefit program (despite being on two commuter train lines, our organization has only 25 people signed up for transit benefits out of 800 FTE’s.)
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
Whichever one puts me closest to the front of the plane so I can get off first.
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
Tigers, Red Wings, 8 Mile, and proximity to Canada
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
I’m not sure it’s the best, but this article in Harpers was probably the most recent: Held Back: battling for the fate of a school district. Harpers, October 2016
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
A law school classmate who was just in People Magazine for her unique and adorable approach to bridesmaid bouquets at her wedding.
What question(s) should we have asked?
What’s the weirdest or most interesting job you’ve had before getting into local government? (I was a mystery shopper and ghostwriter for a time during grad school.)
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI
- Aly Van Dyke, City of Topeka/City of Austin
- Shanna Draheim, Michigan Municipal League
- Ashley Jacobs, Aiken County, SC