“Know before you go:” that’s our philosophy with ELGL events. We’re profiling our awesome attendees for #ELGL19 in Durham so you can connect with fellow attendees before the best local government conference in the world, held May 15-17, 2019 in Durham, NC. Register today!
MPA Candidate at the University of North Carolina School of Government
What is the most local government-y thing you have done on vacation?
I took a #CityHallSelfie in Würzburg, Germany! (or would you call it a #RathausSelfie?)
If I was booking the guests for the GovLove podcast, I would book…
Former Durham mayor, Bill Bell. He was in office for 16 years and has a wealth of knowledge about local government I’d love to discuss.
If you could only have wine OR chocolate for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Absolutely chocolate! Durham has a great beer/cider culture, so I’d be set.
What’s one thing you want to do/see when you’re in Durham?
I can’t wait to see everyone from across the country enjoying my city and taking lessons learned here back to their cities.
#ELGL19 will be a success in my book if this happens:
If I’m able to meet great local government leaders from across the country!
Who is your mentor?
Justin Amos, Business Manager, City of Charlotte.
What’s the most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
My MPA from the online program at the UNC School of Government.
What’s your pet peeve?
Negativity and pessimism.
Other #ELGL19 Attendees:
- Kaci Grant from Louisville, KY
- Jamie Eustace from Bayview, TX
- Brian Silcott from Goddard, KS
- Coty DeArmond from West Covina, CA
- Monica Croskey Chaparro from Raleigh, NC
- Brian Platt from Jersey City, NJ
- Zach Navin from Wauwatosa, WI
- Shannon Mills from Pinellas County, FL
- Mariel Klein from Durham, NC
- Anthony Santiago from The National League of Cities
- Brent Stockwell from Scottsdale, AZ
- Jennifer Casey from Collierville, TN