“Know before you go:” that’s our philosophy with ELGL events. We’re profiling our awesome attendees for #ELGL19 in Durham so you can connect with fellow attendees before the best local government conference in the world, held May 15-17, 2019 in Durham, NC. Register today!
Director of Public Health at mySidewalk
What is the most local government-y thing you have done on vacation?
Guest lectured a class in Haiti; Took selfies in front of the Cuban Public Health Ministry
If I was booking the guests for the GovLove podcast, I would book…
Gavin Newsom *HEART EYES EMOJI FOREVER*
If you could only have wine OR chocolate for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Wine. I’m not a chocolate fan. Don’t @ me
What’s one thing you want to do/see when you’re in Durham?
Wander. Have Southern Gentlemen hold doors open for me and stuff.
#ELGL19 will be a success in my book if this happens:
The conversations we start maintain throughout the year
Who is your mentor?
I am lucky to have many, and right now I’m super lucky because one of my mentors is my boss, Stephen Hardy
What’s the most interesting thing you’re working on right now?
What’s your pet peeve?
The hashtags #bossbabe #ladyboss #girlboss and every random person who thinks they’re an entrepreneur on Instagram
Other #ELGL19 Attendees:
- Gillian Phillips from Buncombe County, NC
- Natali Betancur from Mecklenburg County, NC
- Matt Roylance from Town of Garner, NC
- Lauren Tayara from Cabarrus County, NC
- Brian Murphy from the UNC School of Government
- Brian Platt from Jersey City, NJ
- Andrew Brown from Buffalo Grove, IL
- Shannon Mills from Pinellas County, FL
- Mariel Klein from Durham, NC
- Louise Wyatt from Albemarle County, VA
- Graham Rothrock from Guilford County, NC
- Jennifer Casey from Collierville, TN