#ELGL20 is the Engaging Local Government Leaders (ELGL) annual conference. ELGL's vision is to amplify the good in local government. ELGL's mission is to engage the brightest minds in local government. #ELGL20 is our once-a-year opportunity to connect with each other and learn more about local government topics.
#ELGL20 is May 13 - 15, 2020 in Portland, Oregon. Full agenda details and special event information are included below.
Your ticket price includes full day conferencing on Thursday, May 14 and Friday, May 15. It also includes breakfast, lunch, and social hour on Thursday and breakfast and a snack on Friday. Two add-on summits, focused on creative placemaking and innovation, are available on May 13.
This link has an overview of all events as well as a justification memo if you need to request approval to attend #ELGL20.
All attendees will attend keynote sessions.
- How to be a #BigLocalGov Baller
- How to Incorporate Academic Research Into Your Local Government
- How to Create a Chief Diversity Officer Position
- How to Become a Strategic Planning Wizard
During concurrent session times, attendees will select one of four sessions to attend. You can stay on one track, or attend sessions from every track.
- How to Use an Equity Index
- How to Attract the Next Generation to Transportation
- How to Address Homelessness
- How to Manage Gentrification
- How to Engage Your Community in Long Range Planning
- How to Use Humor in Local Government Communications
- How to Future-Ready Your Organization
- How to Fail Forward
- How to Eliminate Single Family Zoning
- How to Shape Policy With Your Procurement Processes
- How to Use Behavioral Insights
- How to Use Asset Management as an Organizational Strategy
- How to Use Trello/Project Management
- How to Use Excel/Spreadsheets
- How to Use Canva/Graphic Design
- How to Use Robert’s Rules of Order
The #ELGL20 hotel is The Jupiter. Please follow the below directions to book your room. We have a variety of rooms negotiated at prices ranging from $119-$159/night.
To book your room at the special group rate until April 21,2020 please follow the instructions below:
Go to: jupiterhotel.com
Click: the “Book Now” button in the top right corner of the page
Enter: your dates
Click: "Got a Code?"
Enter: “ENGAGE2020" (the booking code is case sensitive)
Reservations can also be made 24 hours a day by calling the hotel directly at 503.230.9200. Callers must ask for the “Engaging Local Government Leaders” group rate in order to receive the discounted group rate.
Reservations can be made by emailing the sales office at [email protected]. Your reservation will be confirmed within 48 hours.
For any guests who would like to book shoulder dates (before or after the contracted dates), please call or email their reservations in.
Here are some frequently asked questions about ELGL's annual conference:
What's the theme of this year's conference?
#ELGL20 has three tracks this year: Equity, Happiness, and Efficiency. We're also offering a Skills Lab to bone up on practical software skills and functions.
Do I have to be an ELGL member to attend?
ELGL members receive $50 off the ticket price so it pays to be a member! If you're not yet, you can sign up here.
Can I just attend one of the Summits?
The Summits are add-on, deep-dive learning for #ELGL20 attendees only. You must register for the conference to attend the Summits.
Do you offer a special registration rate for students?
Yes. A special student rate of $100 + volunteer hours is available by contacting Emily.
Are there volunteer opportunities?
We are excited to work with our student attendees to volunteer at the event.