It’s time to vote in the #ELGLKnope Round of 32! Read about this matchup, and then submit your vote! One vote per email address, please. We’ll tally the votes and will post the next round of matchups on Tuesday!
City of Pearland Reflection Bay Water Reclamation Facility
Pearland, Texas 77581
- Three words to describe City of Pearland Reflection Bay Water Reclamation Facility: Progressive Efficient and Clean
- Why are you nominating City of Pearland Reflection Bay Water Reclamation Facility: The RBWRF of the City of Pearland was built to replace under capacity wastewater facility and rehabilitated using state of the art technology including sequential batch reactor biological treatment, ultraviolet disinfection and water reuse.
- Anything else to share? The facility was built with beneficial reuse in mind for City parks and industrial use.
Florence Y’all Water Tower
500 Mall Circle Rd, Florence, Kentucky 41042
- Three words to describe Florence Y’all Water Tower: Iconic, Controversial, Attraction
- Why are you nominating Florence Y’all Water Tower: The Florence Water Tower is a legend in Kentucky Interstate Lore. Initially painted with the name of the Florence Mall (where it stands), it had to change because it predated the mall and thus fell outside advertising law. In a rush to change it, the developers temporarily changed it to say “Florence Y’all” … this was in the mid-1970s, and it’s remained this way ever since. It’s an absolute icon, and serves as a welcome to the South for everyone arriving from the north in Ohio.
- Anything else to share? I am not kidding, this thing is such an icon that it has a whole baseball team named after it, the Florence Y’alls. (https://twitter.com/florence_yalls) Bet that’s the only one of those on this list.