Capacity is always in short supply in a local government. New complex issues are constantly arising. COVID has stretched staff to the breaking point and increased pressure on local governments to respond. It’s time for some hope.
EPIC-N and ELGL are excited to jointly announce a series featuring local government, community leaders, and university partners that have used the EPIC Model to work together to increase capacity, alleviate stress, and improve the quality of life for residents.
EPIC-N and ELGL leaders selected a handful of completed partnerships to showcase the breadth and depth of the relationships created between local governments and universities through these EPIC Model partnerships to:
- Elevate EPIC-N institutions as capacity-building solutions for local government and community leaders to consider through the US and abroad.
- Transform higher education to improve offerings to communities while supporting all students.
- Celebrate the efforts of current partnerships that build relationships across sectors.
- Inspire the next generation of local government and public sector employees.
The series will highlight at least four distinct partnerships:
- Rural Partnerships for Parks and Recreation – Barry Jeskewich and Jane Rogan – Recorded March 8, 2021
- More to be announced soon.
As podcasts are recorded, they will be published. Follow ELGL and EPIC-N on social media to be notified when episodes hit the GovLov page.
The Educational Partnerships for Innovation in Communities – Network (EPIC-N) is a nonprofit association with members all over the world. EPIC-N’s organization and members unite the human capital of universities with local governments, and communities, to improve the quality of life and social wealth for all involved.
The local programs of EPIC-N tackle the most pressing problems identified by local governments and communities by accessing the human capital of universities. EPIC-N programs all operate autonomously, but have adopted the EPIC Model. The model is simple but powerful. It brings together the greatest resources in academia — professors, students, laboratories, research libraries, existing curriculum — and creatively draws them together to tackle the biggest challenges in local communities. The results are felt immediately with lasting transformative effects. Here’s a brief video summarizing how the model works.
Email [email protected] to do any of the following:
- Find an EPIC-N program near you to partner with…can’t find a program near you contact us as many programs are just getting started and looking for a partner, but are not yet on our map.
- Start your own EPIC-N program!
- Get your own program and/or partnership recognized as a part of the EPIC Model
Connect with EPIC-N on Social Media!
Twitter I YouTube I Linkedin I Facebook I Instagram I EPIC Africa Facebook