5:30pm - 6:30pm
This webinar series is hosted by our friends at Pepperdine University.
The recent killing of George Floyd by a City of Minneapolis police officer has triggered national and international protests about the impact of racism in public policy and our broader society. In this first of a new School of Public Policy webinar series, “When Policy is Personal,” we will explore issues of race in the field of public safety with four leading voices from that sector.
Thursday, June 25, 2020
5:30 PM PST
Online Zoom Session
In this fast-moving and interactive online conversation we will discuss public safety-community relations through lenses that are both personal and policy-based, as we raise and cover these and other pressing questions:
- Has the field of public safety evolved on issues of race since your careers began?
- How do you respond to the growing “Defund the Police” movement?
- Are there policies that can be put in place to ensure greater levels of equal treatment under the law?
- Is data-gathering helpful in understanding the scope of the issues?
- Join us for what promises to be an important conversation about such a timely set of policies and experiences.
Registration is limited. All individuals who register will receive the recording of the webinar via email.