11:00am - 12:00pm
New Date —–> Thursday, June 25, 2020
11:00 a.m. PT/2:00 p.m. ET
For many cities, the economic activity of the travel & tourism sector is an essential part of the city’s larger economic landscape.
Because the visitor economy has been so hard-hit by the COVID-19 crisis, deliberate action to foster a recovery in that sector is a top priority for destinations everywhere.
In this webinar, we will explore tools that destinations can use to plan for recovery and what destinations of different scales are doing to lay the groundwork that will help bring their visitor economies back:
- How can destinations plan for their recovery and what tools are available to guide them through the process?
- In what specific ways has the COVID-19 crisis impacted local visitor economies?
- What are the biggest challenges that destination organizations are facing?
- How are destination organizations working with municipal governments to address the challenges that COVID-19 has brought to the tourism industry?
- What levers of change do municipal and state governments have, and what’s in the control of destination organizations?
- What are some innovative or creative approaches to rebuilding visitor economies?
Join us for this interactive event to learn more about how your community can rebuild your important visitor economy.
Featured Guest Speakers:
- Megan Conway, Chief Strategy Officer, Travel Portland
- Molly Cano, Tourism Manager, City of San Luis Obispo
- Matthew Landkamer, Travel & Tourism Practice Lead, Coraggio Group