The California state chapter of ICMA would like to make their next webinar available to ELGL members. This free webinar is a collaborative effort from 10 state chapters and brings in three speakers. They’ll be discussion tools for civic engagement so be sure to mark your calendar and pre-register.
Coaching Program Webinar
STRATEGIES AND TOOLS FOR CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
1:00 – 2:30 p.m. PT, Thursday, May 22, 2014
Cal-ICMA Coaching Program in partnership with ICMA State Association Coaching Partners: Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, and Wisconsin
*** Advance registration required for this no-charge webinar***
- What’s the role of public engagement and how is it changing?
- What are effective models for tailoring public engagement to the needs of particular situations?
- What do the latest online platforms offer to enhance public engagement?
- Pete Peterson, Davenport Institute, Pepperdine University
- Mike Cohen, Co-Founder, Peak Democracy, an ICMA Center for Management Strategies service provider
- Peter Rumble, Deputy CAO Community and Government Affairs, Sonoma County, CA
Audience: all employees
- Register in advance for the webinar: There is no charge for participating in the webinars, but each requires advance registration.
- Connect with the webinar and audio: Use your logon information from the email confirmation you receive via email from GoToWebinar. We recommend the telephone option dial-in number provided by GoToWebinar for sound quality. Depending upon your internet connection, VOIP option for audio (computer speakers) can have delays or sound quality issues.
- Ask questions: You may submit questions anonymously via email to [email protected] in advance or via the webinar during the panel discussion. As moderator for the session, Don Maruska will pose the questions.
- Presenters’ presentation materials: We post these with the Agenda at “Agendas & Archives” tab of http://cal-icma.org/coaching. A PDF of the presentation materials will be available 2 hours before the webinar.
After a webinar occurs, a digital recording along with a PDF of the presentation materials and results of the polling questions will be available after 24 hours at the “Agendas & Archives” tab of http://cal-icma.org/coaching.
Post-Webinar Group Discussions:
Many agencies are organizing groups to participate in the webinars (live or recorded) and discuss the topics among themselves after the webinars. Some are summarizing their discussions and distributing them to managers throughout their organizations. Use the Coaching Program as an effective way to enhance professional development in your agency. Here are some discussion starters for this session.
- What are examples in our agency of people taking risks and what can we learn from them?
- What are current and upcoming situations in which we will need to navigate significant risks to serve the public?
- How can we be supportive of one another to do our best work?
MORE RESOURCES–See the “Coaching Corner” at http://cal-icma.org/coaching for valuable resources to boost your career. Sign up for the complimentary email list to keep informed of future Cal-ICMA sessions and resources at http://cal-icma.org/
You may register for each of the remaining webinars with the links at: http://icma.org/en/ca/newsroom/highlights/Article/