This unique and highly competitive “shared fellowship” arrangement allows fellows to work and learn from four different local government organizations while working in half-time limited duration (20 hours per week, for six months) positions. The position will perform entry level professional work for a variety of departments, which may include: Administration, Community Development, Finance, Public Works, Communications, Human Resources and/or Economic Development. The fellow will participate in a range of projects contributing to the continued success of various organization-wide initiatives. Duties and responsibilities are related to the emerging issues of the day in each local government organization and are designed to further prepare the fellow for a successful career in local government. Professional development opportunities, including attendance at the OCCMA, ICMA, and ELGL conferences, as well as ongoing learning opportunities are included with this internship.
- Please apply online at http://www.WestLinnOregon.gov/jobs.
- Supplemental questions are required.
- Applications must be received by February 18, 2016.
- Interviews are scheduled for March 16, 2016.
- Expected start date is July 1, 2016.
- Three (3) interns will be selected from the application process:
- One (1) intern will work in Sherwood and West Linn from July 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016; and then in Wilsonville and Lake Oswego from January 1, 2017 through June 30, 2017.
- One (1) intern will work in Beaverton and Hillsboro from July 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016; and then in Tigard and Tualatin from January 1, 2017 through June 30, 2017.
- One (1) intern will work in Gresham and Multnomah County from July 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016; and then in Happy Valley and Clackamas County from January 1, 2017 through June 30, 2017.