$4,755 – $6,497 DOQ. This is a full time benefitted position.
Under the general supervision of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Manager assists the Chief Financial Officer and Deputy Chief Financial Officer in analyzing complex data, conducting special studies, and ensuring adherence to City policies and other pertinent laws or regulations. Manages cash, investments, assessments, journal entries and general ledger. Must effectively interact with other departments, City staff and the public. Designs, recommends, evaluates and implements new accounting systems and internal control policies and procedures. A key component of this position is the ability to effectively coordinate, train, supervise and evaluate the work and performance of accounting staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration;
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certificate;
• A minimum of four (4) years of audit, general accounting, report preparation, and computerized systems experience;
• Desirable to have experience or training in governmental accounting and the use of word processing and computer spreadsheets;
• Working knowledge of a mainframe financial system;
• A minimum of two (2) years in a supervisory role.
Successful candidate must pass pre-employment screening process including a credit check. Qualified applicants must submit a completed City of West Linn employment application, resume and letter of interest to the Department of Human Resources at West Linn City Hall.
Position open until filled. Application packets are available at http://westlinnoregon.gov ; West Linn City Hall, 22500 Salamo Road, West Linn, OR 97068; or by calling (503) 657-0331. EEO.