|Job Title:||RISK MANAGER|
|Closing Date/Time:||Fri. 11/11/11 11:59 PM Pacific Time|
|Salary:||$7,161.00 – $8,702.00 Monthly|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Location:||Washington County Public Services Building, 155 N. First Avenue, Hillsboro 97124, Oregon|
This rewarding opportunity will provide leadership and strategic direction to the Risk Management Division.
The successful candidate will have the ability to proactively manage, direct and organize the County’s risk management and insurance programs. The position requires a strong commitment to quality processes and customer service, creative problem-solving and effective program advocacy skills. The Risk Manager reports directly to the Assistant County Administrator, serves as a member of the Department’s executive management team and is a key policy maker in the broad scope of risk transfer/retention and asset protection. Example of duties include:
- Anticipating and assessing risk;
- Developing policies, procedures and programs to minimize loss to the County;
- Collaborating and consulting with County departments to integrate risk management practices into all County operations;
- Determining risk retention and risk transfer strategies;
- Managing claims adjudication for self-insured workers compensation and liability programs;
- Negotiating insurance coverage;
- Managing employee safety and property protection activities; and
- Managing and supporting activities of the risk management staff.